2 hours ago, pinpointa said:

Hi Guys,

What are you guys using as lanyard for your pinpointer. Regards.

Lanyard? We ain't got no Lanyard. We don't have to show you no stinkin Lanyards! LOL

It would be in my way. Just use a pouch or stick it in a pocket. I hunt nuggets mostly and use a scoop instead of a pin pointer.

• Like 2

I just stick mine in my pouch. I added a micro mercury switch to my garrett Pro Pointer so I only have to turn it On /Off once a day. Turn it on with the button, put the heavy end in the pouch, pull it out and turn it point down and it turns on automatically. Put it back in the pouch point up and it turns itself off. This really extends battery and switch life.

My other pin pointers are a Minelab Pro Find 35 that starts beeping if you forget it and my XP Mi6 that the detector can turn on an beeping alert on the pin pointer up to about 75 feet away if you misplace it.

"We don't need to stinkin' lanyards"

• Like 2

No lanyard. Just a holster that came with the TRX. Wear it on my pouch belt at the center of my back. It's out of the way, and I can easily reach it with either hand. (Bonus: Makes it easy to covertly scratch your butt when being observed by looky-loos.)

Hunting in the water, I have to use a lanyard. I've had pin pointers float right out of it's sheath out in the surf. I just use a shoelace attached to a carabiner clipped onto a D ring or loop on my pouch. I'm so used to it now, that i use it on land too. Haven't lost a pin pointer yet! 

• Like 2

My sister uses something like this for her Garrett Carrot.  She had the black Garrett PP and lost it.  That's what led her to using a lanyard.  (Why do they make pinpointers black?)

I learned quickly to use a lanyard! (Curly bungee type with S/S wire!)  Had to backtrack 1/2 mile of beach to find mine, years ago! Killed my hunt that day! Not fun! 👍👍