Personally I like the black Pro Pointer. The Red Xp Mi6, and Yellow Minelab Pro Find 35 both look like hell after the first time out as the dirt really shows on them. 

• Like 1

That's what plasti dip is good for! Pick your color, when it gets warn out! Peel it off, and redip!👍👍

20200804_174928.jpg

I wouldn't hunt inland without a pin pointer but I've never needed one on the beach. Scoop, shake, retrieve target, move on the the next. I get a kick out of folks using a pin pointer in seeded competition hunts. If you need a pin pointer in a competition hunt, You're taking Waaaaay too long to retrieve the target. Rookie mistake. IMHO. 

I'm very efficent on the beach with a pinpointer! Not that I'm in a rush!

And it depends on the type of (dry) sand your beach has to shake out! Shaking too vigorously can damage jewelry and settings, and loose gemstones! Also, good luck sifting post earrings, and micro jewelry!!  They just keep falling through the holes!👍👍

• Like 1

Yup, Joe stole my thunder on that. I don't use it often at the beach, but, tiny items that fall through the holes can be a pain to recover without one, especially at night. Also, when I've been asked to find someone's lost diamond ring, I'd hate to break the stone out of it. Same goes for cell phones and cameras. No point in recovering one if you break the waterproof case or screen before you can get it out of the water.

• Like 1

Pouch here or just carry it in the same hand as my digger. At the beach I don't bother with a pp, sand scoop is enough.

• Like 1

Simon,

Is one of them attached to your gold bottle yet??

Had to ask!!

I do my best to help you out, from across the pond, my friend!! (Not that you need it!)🙂

(Remember, i previously suggested a neck vile!)   👍👍🤣

• Haha 1

On 8/5/2020 at 6:44 PM, phrunt said:

I'm good at losing stuff, I've lost my gold bottle more times than I care to admit, a few times with gold in it.  I use a lanyard on my pin pointer, it connects onto my pouch.  I picked the lanyards up for about $2 each at a $2 shop funny enough 🙂 I bought 5 of them so I've got spares.  I ended up using one in my boat to attach the boats key to the dashboard and another one to keep the kill switch key on the boat from getting lost, attached near the kill switch as I never take the keys out of the boat anyway so if the keys fall out they're attached by the lanyards, stops me losing them too.

lanyard.jpg.a5c71f66c9a7c8305d6f2896b0e4c8d6.jpg

The lanyard I use looks exactly like that one.

I'm good at losing stuff too  ...  🙂    Actually it is very easy to loose a pinpointer if it is not secured , especially at night ..

My profind 35 pinpointer lanyard version below , the lanyard is attached to the holster. Btw I do not remember where the holster comes from , if it is a Minelab or an other brand (  Deteknics ? ) ...

DSC02466.JPG

• Like 1