Will These Work With An 800? Anker Soundcore Life Q20, Bt 5.0

mn90403

These say over the ear and noise cancel.  My Minelabs are working just fine but ...

Anker Soundcore Life Q20 Hybrid Active Noise Cancelling Headphones, Wireless Over Ear Bluetooth Headphones, 40H Playtime, Hi-Res Audio, Deep Bass, Memory Foam Ear Cups, for Travel, Home Office

List Price $59.99
With Deal: $39.99

• Hi-Res Audio Certified: Custom oversized 40 mm dynamic drivers produce Hi-Res Audio—a certification only awarded to audio devices capable of producing exceptional sound. Life Q20 active noise canceling headphones reproduce your music with extended high frequencies that reach up to 40 kHz for extraordinary clarity and detail.
  • Reduce Ambient Noises By Up to 90%: Our team of engineers conducted more than 100,000 tests in real-life scenarios to fine-tune Life Q20’s 4 built-in ANC microphones and digital active noise cancellation algorithm. As a result, the hybrid active noise cancellation can detect and cancel out a wider range of low and mid-frequency noises such as cars and airplane engines.
  • 100% Stronger Bass: Our exclusive BassUp technology conducts real-time analysis of the low frequencies to instantly strengthen the bass output. Double press the play button when listening to bass-heavy genres like EDM and hip-hop for an amplified listening experience.
  • 40-Hour Playtime*: Up to 40 hours of non-stop playtime in wireless active noise cancellation mode (at 60% volume) is extended to an enormous 60 hours in standard music mode. A single charge gives you enough juice to listen to over 600 songs or soundtrack multiple long haul flights. And when you’re in a rush, charge Life Q20 active noise canceling headphones for 5 minutes and get 4 hours of listening.
  • Universal Comfort: Memory foam earcups gently mold around your ears, while the headband’s rotating joints automatically adjust the angle of the earcups to fit the shape of your head. Life Q20 active noise canceling headphones offer maximum comfort and a secure seal—making them ideal for when you’re working at home, taking online classes, or traveling.

Are these the model?  It's what Google linked me to:

https://www.amazon.com/Soundcore-Cancelling-Headphones-Wireless-Bluetooth/dp/B07NM3RSRQ

Doesn't say anything about latency.  IMO, headphones designed to work best for music are overkill in terms of frequency range when using with a metal detector, at least for my hearing range.  That doesn't rule them out, though.

Keep in mind that I'm one who uses the WM08 module, not the ML80 headset.  Others here (e.g. Chase) have looked into standalone headphones compatible with the Equinox.  Let's hear what they say.

Those headphones will not be very good for detecting, unless you’re using the WM-08 module with them....if you want to use wireless headphones without the WM08 module, you should get a pair that support the Qualcomm aptX Low Latency codec.  Without the low latency, standard Bluetooth audio will be way too laggy (for me, it certainly is).  The aptX LL circuitry significantly lowers the audio delay by a factor of 3.

• Like 1

I don't understand the BT 5.0 so I thought I would ask.  I do like noise cancel and the idea that it was built for music has proven not to be a bother for me on my gold detectors.  I would get another one of that 'type' if it had a separate volume control.

I understand that it needs to be fast.

All Bluetooth devices don’t automatically have the Qualcomm aptX low latency codec.  The headphones have to support it thru additional hardware/firmware...

The stock ML headphones that come with your Nox do have the aptX LL circuitry and will have audio lag in the low 40’s milliseconds (highly desirable), as opposed to regular Bluetooth, which will have latencies well over 100 ms, which is very noticeable when you wiggle your coil over a target.

• Like 1

I know what you mean.  I bought a blue tooth external speaker that I could use with my phone.  It works ok with that so I connected it to the 800.  It is not usable with the detector.