Bill And Linda's Site Down?

3 hours ago, Paystreak said:

Been a big fan of BillandLinda prospecting site but it seems to be down.

Anyone know what's happening?

http://www.billandlindaprospecting.com/index.html

Paystreak

Gone but not forgotten. Like all lost websites, it can still be seen here with most of its content:

https://web.archive.org/web/20190708012526/http://www.billandlindaprospecting.com/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am pretty sure there is work being done to restore the content of Bill and Linda's site. Barry at Land Matters has been working on it.                                                                                                                       Norm

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

Clay,

Your 'save' of this site deserves a thread of its own.  Bill and Linda's is a classic just like an old treasure map.  It is a good research site.

Thank you and I hope your save increases the exposure of My Land Matters and causes others with historic content on their sites to save it before they dump it.  A few years back many of my early prospecting and beach reports were dumped.

Content is king.  Look at Google.  They save it all.

Mitchel

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Clay,

Your 'save' of this site deserves a thread of its own.  Bill and Linda's is a classic just like an old treasure map.  It is a good research site.

Thank you and I hope your save increases the exposure of My Land Matters and causes others with historic content on their sites to save it before they dump it.  A few years back many of my early prospecting and beach reports were dumped.

Content is king.  Look at Google.  They save it all.

Mitchel

Mitchel, have you looked at the Wayback machine site for your stuff? Check out the link above and type in the old URL‘S that you had your materials - it might still be there.

That’s great that MyLandMatters picked up that website, it is a gold mine of material! So sad to see all the old knowledge of places and things past going away, but at least some of it is getting saved by the internet now.

Does the Wayback have a full copy of Everything at the time they save it?  I don't know what it takes a picture of and what it leaves out of the information it 'preserves.'

If it was as good as the website then every website would let the Wayback host its history for free!

4 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

Does the Wayback have a full copy of Everything at the time they save it?  I don't know what it takes a picture of and what it leaves out of the information it 'preserves.'

If it was as good as the website then every website would let the Wayback host its history for free!

I don’t think it would be possible for it to get a complete copy, the crawler visits pages with different schedules and if materials fall between those times and change before the next visit it won’t pick it up.