Gold Kruzer Vs. Gm24k Or GMX Sport

Has any one tested the Makro Gold Kruzer against one or the other of the White's detectors listed in the topic?

Thanks!

Walt

makro-gold-kruzer-herschbach-1.jpg

whites-goldmaster-24k-gmk-6-inch-coil-gold-nugget-detector.jpg

I only tested the Gmx and Gold Kruzer on a 10k white gold earring and the Gmx w/ 5" concentric was the only one that could hit it. I know that doesn't help you much. Sorry.

With the Gold Kruzer in Deep mode with disc at 20 it takes out nails and it will not hit the 10K white gold earring.

Lower disc to 0 and it hits the white gold earring great. The Gmx you can disc out nails and still hit the white gold earring. That's still pretty good for the Gold Kruzer and even better for the Gmx.

• 2 months later...

If I only wanted to gold prospect with a higher frequency VLF, between the three in the topic title I would pick the GM 24K, GMX and Gold Kruzer in that order but it is really close. If I wanted to gold prospect AND use a detector for micro jewelry and hunt for nuggets or jewelry underwater, I would pick the Gold Kruzer. It has more features, better tones in Micro, very stable threshold in All Metal, actual VDIs instead of ferrous/non ferrous probability ID numbers, easier to adjust and operate, and lighter along with two pretty big features: wireless audio and internal rechargeable battery. All three are a little finicky in high mineralization and tend to overload easily. The GM24K and GMX maybe a little deeper overall but when I have to run them on sensitivity 3 in bad dirt...........depth doesn't happen anyway.

• Like 4

On 8/6/2020 at 11:31 AM, Dances With Doves said:

I think Steve H. likes his 24k more for    prospecting but for gold jewelry I am not sure. 

Jeff covers it for me. Of the machines mentioned I prefer the 24K for gold nugget prospecting (GMX is just a waterproof 24K) but the Gold Kruzer for anything else, including in water hunting.

whites-goldmaster-24k-minelab-equinox-gold-monster-makro-kruzer.jpg

• Like 2