Has any one tested the Makro Gold Kruzer against one or the other of the White's detectors listed in the topic?

Thanks!

Walt

makro-gold-kruzer-herschbach-1.jpg

whites-goldmaster-24k-gmk-6-inch-coil-gold-nugget-detector.jpg

With the Gold Kruzer in Deep mode with disc at 20 it takes out nails and it will not hit the 10K white gold earring.

Lower disc to 0 and it hits the white gold earring great. The Gmx you can disc out nails and still hit the white gold earring. That's still pretty good for the Gold Kruzer and even better for the Gmx.

• 2 months later...

If I only wanted to gold prospect with a higher frequency VLF, between the three in the topic title I would pick the GM 24K, GMX and Gold Kruzer in that order but it is really close. If I wanted to gold prospect AND use a detector for micro jewelry and hunt for nuggets or jewelry underwater, I would pick the Gold Kruzer. It has more features, better tones in Micro, very stable threshold in All Metal, actual VDIs instead of ferrous/non ferrous probability ID numbers, easier to adjust and operate, and lighter along with two pretty big features: wireless audio and internal rechargeable battery. All three are a little finicky in high mineralization and tend to overload easily. The GM24K and GMX maybe a little deeper overall but when I have to run them on sensitivity 3 in bad dirt...........depth doesn't happen anyway.

• Like 3
On 8/6/2020 at 11:31 AM, Dances With Doves said:

I think Steve H. likes his 24k more for    prospecting but for gold jewelry I am not sure. 

Jeff covers it for me. Of the machines mentioned I prefer the 24K for gold nugget prospecting (GMX is just a waterproof 24K) but the Gold Kruzer for anything else, including in water hunting.

whites-goldmaster-24k-minelab-equinox-gold-monster-makro-kruzer.jpg

• Like 2

That is why I did not use the Gmx much in the water this year.I want target id in most areas.The one small clean beach where  I could use it was a no go because of covid. You have to pick your spots with this machine.In the tot lots with wood chips I love the  Gmx because of easy digging. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By aufarmer
      I purchased a White's 24K this summer and am really liking this detector.  Have an out cropping that I swing a Goldbug II over every year so it's been picked pretty clean, but was surprised to actually get a signal with the 24K and it turn out to be gold.  Thinking when the 6x4 coil comes out I may finally say goodbye to the Goldbug II.  Maybe.
      One issue I am having is that it will shut off after a couple hours use.  It would start back up ok but after running a couple hours it would shut down on it's own again.  Just curious if anyone else had encountered this issue?  Contacted Whites but haven't heard anything back from them yet.
    • By Jerry Perez
      Wow this news from Garrett Metal Detectors was definitely a surprise.! I didn't see this one coming. GPAA News by Kevin Hoagland mentioned this intro news this month.

GARRETT METAL DETECTOR ANNOUNCES FIRST DETECTOR LAUNCH FROM THE WHITE’S ACQUISITION
      Kevin Hoagland

Van, Texas April 17, 2021 – Mr. Vaughan Garrett Senior Vice President, Marketing and Sales announced to the attendees of the Charles Garrett Memorial Hunt IV, the first co-branded Garrett – White’s detector will be the GoldMaster 24K aka. GMT 24K due for release mid-year 2021.

Members of the Garrett team that I spoke with including Mr. Garrett shared with me that there are Garrett technologies they wish to incorporate into the GMT 24K before release but did not elaborate on what those upgrades may be.

I'm very excited about this launch, which is just a month or so away, currently I own a GM 24K ,I purchased just before COVID and wonder if we will qualify for an upgrade,if any are made. Maybe a grace period within 1 year of purchase would be fair to qualify.

What are your thoughts you 24K owners?
      I wonder what they will rebrand to? GOLDMASTER 24K by Whites/Garrett or GOLDMASTER 24K by Garrett Metal Detectors? What do you think? I was gon a post this in the Garrett section but I'm sure I would get some stonethrowers or negative response. I'm tempted though,lol.

• By Steve Herschbach
      GARRETT METAL DETECTOR ANNOUNCES FIRST DETECTOR LAUNCH FROM THE WHITE’S ACQUISITION - Kevin Hoagland

Van, Texas April 17, 2021 – Mr. Vaughan Garrett Senior Vice President, Marketing and Sales announced to the attendees of the Charles Garrett Memorial Hunt IV, the first co-branded Garrett – White’s detector will be the GoldMaster 24K aka. GMT 24K due for release mid-year 2021.

Members of the Garrett team that I spoke with including Mr. Garrett shared with me that there are Garrett technologies they wish to incorporate into the GMT 24K before release but did not elaborate on what those upgrades may be.

I'm very excited about this launch, which is just a month or so away, currently I own a GM 24K, I purchased just before COVID and wonder if we will qualify for an upgrade,if any are made. Maybe a grace period within 1 year of purchase would be fair to qualify.

What are your thoughts you 24K owners?
      Co-branded. So Garrett GMT 24K? White’s GMT 24K by Garrett? Garrett/White’s 24K?

I’d probably ditch the White’s moniker entirely, but they paid money for the name and want to leverage it. I’m not sure that works unless it was kept as a separate division. People are going to know it’s a Garrett, and that’s what it will probably get called anyway. Avoid the Nokta/Makro effect and keep it simple. Product name should roll off the tongue, not be a mouthful.
      So it’ll be Garrett 24K for me. Garrett additions? What does that mean? Maybe a tweak to the threshold as I felt a disconnect there. Better be the same housing, but I’m guessing not desert tan?
      Whatever, names and colors do not matter, just performance. Great move by Garrett!
      Goldmaster 24K Review
    • By Steve Herschbach
      White's Goldmaster 24K XGB - A New Way To Ground Balance, 708 kb pdf, 1 page
    • By Coinboy
      Hi everyone, I’m thinking of picking up a used multi kruzer. I have a Nox but don’t want to put that thing in the water. I have heard the kruzers are pretty chattery. This would be a backup machine and a water machine and maybe for dense iron trash with a small coil. Is the kruzer still a viable good machine or should I save up a bit and get a used Anfibio? Thanks in advance.
    • By kac
      As many users of the Kruzer series may find the 4 tone mode really limited because it is so noisy and hard to follow. I personally rarely notch out targets and even keep my iron audio low but always audible but there are some really tough spots. In particular spots like camp sites or where there were bonfires and lots of burned up can slag, bottle caps etc.
      I took the 4 tone mode and notched out everything except known or metal ranges of known target id types. I then use under the iron audio the N# values. This allows you to still get an audio response on the notched targets but much softer. N1 or N2 seem more than enough. Known targets will be reveled very quickly because they will be louder and clearer. Base setting below and needs a bit tweaking but happy so far.