Sd2200d For Beach Prospecting?

G'day, just new to this forum. 

Wondering everyones opinions on a 2200D for beach detecting on dry or eroded sand banks? I have a few spots in mind which a pulse induction machine would be handy on spots my mates CTX can't reach. Of course I'd have to waterproof the machine but as a general machine for depth would it handle alright on these areas? Anyone here use the machine for beaches regularly? It'll be my first pulse machine, I'm a long-time user of the Equinox 600 and 800. 

Cost isn't an issue, I'm just getting bored and limited in parks. 

I found one at a decent price with a few DD coils. Would I just be wasting my time and money? The spot I have in mind is a long strip of beach where I've found a bit of silver and military relics in the past, and I know of someone who's found a half sov and someone else who's found a cartwheel penny there .

I've looked in to a Whites TDI machine but seems like no one here sells them 😞

Cheers!

14 minutes ago, Dances With Doves said:

Nasa Tom did a story on that machine   hunting     the beaches in Florida an he cleaned up  on  small gold jewelry kicking the butts of the excal  users who compared targets with him  .It is in     one of the magazines in the  early 2000's.

https://detectorstuff.com/left-behind-nasa-tom/

Haha found it, what an entertaining read! I'm still really leaning towards this machine. Any ideas how I could waterproof it? I'm thinking a dremel and some pvc casings and a heap of silicone but would there be any companies making cases to waterproof them already? More-so to stop the salt getting in to the control box. I have a very steady supply of cables at the shop if I needed to extend or adapt anything. 

6 hours ago, TTT2866 said:

Any ideas how I could waterproof it?

Are you planning on taking it under the water for long periods of time, or just sealing it against accidental submersion, etc.?  Hopefully the latter...

9 hours ago, TTT2866 said:

https://detectorstuff.com/left-behind-nasa-tom/

Haha found it, what an entertaining read! I'm still really leaning towards this machine. Any ideas how I could waterproof it? I'm thinking a dremel and some pvc casings and a heap of silicone but would there be any companies making cases to waterproof them already? More-so to stop the salt getting in to the control box. I have a very steady supply of cables at the shop if I needed to extend or adapt anything. 

My Chromebook will not let me connect to detectorstuff.com because it says there is a security error.  

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from detectorstuff.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more

NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

4 hours ago, mn90403 said:

My Chromebook will not let me connect to detectorstuff.com....

Same here, and I'm using Firefox browser.  Got a similar security warning.

5 hours ago, phrunt said:

Websites prove their identity via certificates. Firefox does not trust this site because it uses a certificate that is not valid for detectorstuff.com. The certificate is only valid for the following names: *.closte.com, closte.com

Error code: SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN

Weird, they're using a wrong certificate...

The website also contains a malicious file, so I would not trust it.

Normalized URL:  http://detectorstuff.com:80
Submission date:  Thu Aug 6 22:31:00 2020
Server IP address:  35.245.187.85
Web Server:  LiteSpeed
Malicious files:   1
Suspicious files:  0
Potentially Suspicious files:  0
Clean files:  99
External links detected:  646
Iframes scanned:  11
Blacklisted:  No

5 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Same here, and I'm using Firefox browser.  Got a similar security warning.

9 hours ago, mn90403 said:

My Chromebook will not let me connect to detectorstuff.com because it says there is a security error.  

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from detectorstuff.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more

NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

I got that too, I just went to "learn more" and it let me view it anyway. 

13 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Are you planning on taking it under the water for long periods of time, or just sealing it against accidental submersion, etc.?  Hopefully the latter...

Definitely the latter, more-so to stop the sand and salt from getting inside the machine and ruining it. I don't plan on taking it in any water, just the dry sand.