Steve's Insanely Hot GPZ 7000 Settings

Nearly always run the Pi`s in manual, if not I found I was leaving gold behind, using the GB button to GB on occasions(this was so with the VLFs with auto tracking also). Am finding to a lesser extent this is so with the Z too. I found early in the use of the Z on recovery of those subgrammers it was better to switch into manual, thus having the user button programmed for that purpose. Now as I`ve cranked things up a wee, have evolved to when cleaning up patches, to leave in manual with occasional switching back to auto briefly when I start digging too many false signals.

When patch hunting I switch back to auto tracking to cover the ground faster. Of course none of this is written in stone, the Z is an amazing machine and am sure as time goes on my methods will change. But for now I have no doubt I`m recovering more deep signals because I am using in manual GB(auto tracking off) when cleaning up patches. It is very easy to trial, and somewhat frustrating to use in manual as you slow right down, but I don`t believe the slowing down is the only reason the Z is getting those fringe signals, but it helps for sure. When I think I`ve got it all, I switch to Bogenes (auto GB)and against the experience that a threshold is a must, up pop a few more nuggets. Next when on an old patch I am going to leave in manual and try using the Quick track button on occasions rather than use the User button to GB.

So many of the nuggets that I find with the 7000 are no more  that a hunch in the threshold so I have been operating mostly in "Klunkers insanely cold settings". Auto tracking will balance these minute targets out. Instead of trying to remember to switch the tracking to manual, I will move off of the target and make a few swings and the come back to the target. Because of my severe ADDD (attention deficit detecting disorder) it bugs me to have to cover the same ground twice with different settings.

I have sent a spy to Australia to engage in a bit of espionage and I will soon command him to appear at my headquarters and divulge all of the top secret information that he acquired while there- if the Australians don't disappear him first.  

• Like 2

Spy slipped through our security net, but we have commenced extradition proceedings, he`ll be back here in no time, then hard labour for sure, that`ll learn him.

Hopefully ML will give us a simple manual-auto change option in a software update, rather then frustrating us with wacky track every time we wish to change. Sort of keep quick track, although doesn`t seem to be necessary in my ground, but allow the option not to have to use it each change with user button as per original software. But the Z runs nicely in manual GB, and in particular circumstances is the go. Now I`ve gotta get used to normal, and stop reverting to difficult constantly.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Ok I know this is a old thread but I want to thank u steve, I'm no rookie when it comes to hunting the yellow or detecting but I have been struggling to get my zed to performe. It's not like I'm wondering if the gold is there, but how to get the zed to tell me. The problem is the ground is full of lava rocks of varying hotness. The noise is bad and if I run auto GB it will tune down to the worst depth and tuning possible in minutes, ya if I run my ecig over the coil and it's in visible un till 12in u know it's bad ground. So with yr settings and using manual  GB after auto and giving it a bit to build data then turning to man stops this. unfortunately normal is to hot and after 50 hot rocks I went back to general and with the manual GB I can keep my depth at 20+inches which is a game changer. I have owned the zed now fr a week and after days of struggling with settings, my mistake was running the  audio volume to high drownding out the good that are left after whites gmt/gold bug pro/atx/sdc and now a zed have beat the crap out of this spot biggest nug 142grams and alot of gram and sub gram pulled. This is a load sheading from top to bottom and full of the goods allowing me the opportunity to learn this maching rather then try and find a spot to do so. The one thing is the volume  and I figured out the GB issue on my own... thanks and happy new yrs.... pic is what the settings have done fr me and the ground I'm in... lol guy was .1gram at about 5in I'm impressed with the power of the zed I cant wait till I realy know this beast if a machine. Thank u steve fr sharing.....

20220101_140905.jpg

20220101_144026.jpg

20220101_130624.jpg

• Like 4

On 1/2/2022 at 9:00 AM, Yellowmadness said:

The one thing is the volume  and I figured out the GB issue on my own... thanks and happy new yrs.... pic is what the settings have done fr me and the ground I'm in... lol guy was .1gram at about 5in I'm impressed with the power of the zed I cant wait till I realy know this beast if a machine. Thank u steve fr sharing.....

Good to see the post is still helping all these years later. High sensitivity/low volume settings are how I run all my detectors, and basically…. It works.

Main thing is you found a setting to handle the volcanic rocks. I have some places where the Z hits on rocks no matter what I do, but they are rare and I just go someplace else. :smile:

‘Nice gold, and Happy New Year to you also!

• Like 1