Nox Vs Anfibio / Kruzer On Silver Coins In Parks

The Impact that had Gen mode with disc isn't really an all metal mode. True all metal can't have disc. Still with the Impact Gen was my favorite mode.

• Like 1

With the Gold Kruzer I am switching back to Micro mode in the water and not use Boost mode. It did hit my 2 silver earrings I found recently better than Boost mode. I don't know why but it hit harder on them than Gen mode.

Earring.jpg

• Like 2

Boost has higher internal gain and boosted audio, than the other discrimination modes from my understanding. Gen mode is straight up VCO audio, all metal mode with numerical target ID.

• Like 1

Boost mode with 0 disc hits hard on small gold like my 10k white gold earring. Increase disc to 22 at nails and can't hit it. Gen and Micro modes can't hit it. 

Gen mode is the raw all metal mode. The high gain modes; 2 tone, 4 tone and deep have boosed tx. 4 tone and 3 tone have boosted audio on the higher conductors so they are picked up easier by the user.

If Nokta/Makro gave us the option to adjust sensitivity along with the gain contril it has we could really tweak the machines for our environments. The sensitivity on these machines are incredibly high and when gain is too high we simply pick up too much of the mineralization. Only remedy if you want to run higher gain and go deeper on those modes and help reduce the chatter is to nudge up the base discrimination.

Did want to point out that with the high gain modes you really need to be just off the surface. I use 2 tone quite a bit in the woods but when I can't get close to the ground I will flick it up to gen mode.

Lower khz does help in bad ground as the lower the frequency the less sensitive it is to small targets. I think the Gold Kruzer and Gold Racer could be really good in aluminum riddled parks if your hunting for jewelry as I think it pushes much of the aluminum up in the higher numbers closer to copper and silver.

I don't think the Kruzer is a super easy machine to use especially for a beginner who may not know how to adjust the machine to the conditions. I think the Nox would be easier in that respect with it's presets. MF takes a bit of the work out of detecting in that respect.