After The Storm Gold

Great hunt and please keep us up to date on your next hunt.

Good luck on your next hunt out.

• Like 1

WTG Pirate. That ring is a beauty. I hope they don't move your markers anytime soon.

HH

Mike

• Like 1

Did the tropical storm have a significant impact on your areas?  I seem to recall you saying that since you hunt a bay, often the stroms don't affect you much.  I assume that is because the bay is protected from the surge from storms offshore.  This one went right over the top of you?

Nice finds (as always) and I look forward to your future hunts in this same area with the Fisher Impulse.

• Like 1

Joe, 

Great finds! Cool ring! Those coins are encrusted the same, and conditioned the same, as the walking half i found earlier this year in fresh water!  Too bad they don't hold up better! But the ring is in great condition!

If it's real Art Deco,(maker's mark??) should definitely be more valuable than melt! It should be a keeper!!👍👍

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Did the tropical storm have a significant impact on your areas?  I seem to recall you saying that since you hunt a bay, often the stroms don't affect you much.  I assume that is because the bay is protected from the surge from storms offshore.  This one went right over the top of you?

Nice finds (as always) and I look forward to your future hunts in this same area with the Fisher Impulse.

I would not say significant but it did impact the first beach some, I record the real time winds, water level and storm location ever 30 minutes from 9am to 3pm during it's passing right over us...Now it's time to see how my recorded stats play when compared to what I find.

117444840_319030556125204_1532324339932966089_n.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mikeguard01 said:

WTG Pirate. That ring is a beauty. I hope they don't move your markers anytime soon.

HH

Mike

Mike they moved them last September ..killed me.

But I have got to know the bottom so well I can sense from the level (drop off) and past dug holes where I am.

• Oh my! 1

1 hour ago, Joe D. said:

Joe, 

Great finds! Cool ring! Those coins are encrusted the same, and conditioned the same, as the walking half i found earlier this year in fresh water!  Too bad they don't hold up better! But the ring is in great condition!

If it's real Art Deco,(maker's mark??) should definitely be more valuable than melt! It should be a keeper!!👍👍

Thanks Joe.........Sad about the silver for sure but it does add to the melt silver going in...last weight on that was 2450 grams....No makers mark on the ring, other then a fineness mark. No doubt Art Deco...just wish the blue stones were still in it...then it would really be stunning. I found a similar on line if I find it again I show how the blue stones really set it off...

The right buyer, or  a good jeweler. Will have it reset with stones of their liking! But a comparison picture to go with it couldn't hurt!

Have an appraisal, maybe a reputable jeweler that deals in antique jewelry can identify the maker by workmanship alone!

I'm sure I'm not telling you anything you don't already know! Just thinking out loud!! No offense! Love the stuff you find!!👍👍

• Like 1