After a busy week, doing an effort between heavy rain interruptions, I finally finished this work!

Thanks for all people involved in this project for their knowledge shared...

Underwater test next week(I hope)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Does that Coiltek coil have neutral boyancy?

Best of luck looking forward to see how it works for ya!

1 hour ago, kac said:

Does that Coiltek coil have neutral boyancy?

Best of luck looking forward to see how it works for ya!

It is a Detech 8" Mono coil for Gpx and Tdi Pro/Sl...The alternative was the Coiltek Platypus 12x8 mono, but is a discontinued one and a few are available in the Usa only...

Talking of buoyancy, There's not a lot of difference with the original 12" dual field...It will float the same way believe me...

• Like 1

One thing nice about the Garrett mono is it works really well in the water even salt, doesn't lift off at all.

Hoping it performs as well as possible for your conditions. The gasket is difficult but looks like it is all seated correctly. I don’t think the cable glands will give you any problems.....it forms a good watertight seal when tightened and Whites seal the connection where the cable gland meets the control box.....you can see the black adhesive. Fingers crossed that the heavy salt is manageable.....keep the Gain down if not needed especially if you know targets are in range. And finally, don’t get too concerned about low delays......even at 20uS you will capture most gold and the higher karat gold responds very well to higher delays. 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, kac said:

One thing nice about the Garrett mono is it works really well in the water even salt, doesn't lift off at all.

I love the Garrett 8" coil design.That coil was born exactly for diving purpose but unluckily some more mods were needed...Things I'm still not able to do...I learned in a spectacular pdf file that Steve posted here, there's lot more than wire another brand's coil on the machine...After the mechanical work there's how to tune the machine for the new addition...Game over for me then.

The easiest choice for the Tdi was to use a Gpx/Gp/Sd Minelab compatible coil... I Still think something can be improved on the pcb however...Next underwater test will tell the truth on this subject.

• Like 1

I hear ya, wanted to build a machine myself but need to get an oscilloscope and invest too much $$ and time. Last thing you want to do id damage that TDI especially since Whites seems to be in a bit of limbo.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By jimpugh
      This Battery musical chairs .....was a big thorn in my side .....
      This Pack is all black and well balanced it looks like the rest of the machine was built to compliment the battery pack ....I chose the M12 connector from my old 3030 headphones gray ghost when they made good stuff my daughter bought me a set for my simplex last Christmas never worked I called left a message never called back new In box .....still dead ....guess they went out of business...anyway ....
          you can shift this a little up or down to balance it out a little more on coil control..
      Good Job Big Joe...... please remember ole Jim hunts year round And on a good day 16 hours and Thirty Lashes....for insubordination Host the Jolly Roger ye sully sods...
      In  the queen’s English ....Gonna need pack number Two ?....
      Happy Trails me Bucko’s

• By locator
      Hi. I'm looking for a smaller than the 6x10 DD coil for my White's detectors. Would like to hear how the 7" Ultimate performs depthwise and how target separation is.
    • By dogodog
      I finally got my old 11'' replaced. This new coil is working great and I couldn't be more happy. Thanks to Dilek all my problems have been resolved. Yesterday and today were the first times I have given it a good run. 
      I decided to hunt a farm house yesterday. I usually think the finds are getting low. Well low and behold I was wrong. Yesterday was good and bad as posted on the coin and relic forum. Today was even better!! same farm plus a kids camp. In two hours at the farm I scored a 2 oz. sinker, a bunch of odd lead, 2 wheat pennies, a girl scout pin from the 60's and two fabulous 1952 and 1957 roosevelt dimes. Around 1:30pm I decided to hit the camp. In another two hours I scored $1.05 in clad (not much) and a very awesome 1810 to 1830's button. inscribed on the back is Treble gilt Standard colour. seems to be a british button. Most of the clad from the 60's and 70's were at 6 to 7 inches deep. this button was around 3''. I did dig a bunch of deep trash always looking for the gold rings. The only thing is the id numbers are a little off, they are a couple of points off, but that was an easy learn. I'm thinking the old coil was bad from day one and today just proved it. I can't wait to hit some more of my sites and see what I missed with the old coil. The MK has yet to let me down and has been a great machine in the short time that I have owned it.

• By shellhouse
      Hey guys, I've been doing some reading on Mars Lion 7" coils to see how they might compare to NEL or others but coming up a bit dry.
      Saw something about the MARS coils maybe being more sensitive but noisy.  I really like the way the NEL are built, as least externally.  Would be great to see the construction too, can only hope..
      Looking at the Mars Lion, NEL Sharpshooter / CORS Fortune, and maybe the 7 or 9" Nokta Makro concentric for kind of a smaller coil to user in dense areas with an Anfibio.  The primary now is a NEL Hunter 12.5x8.5.  Really "digging" that one, so much so that I got one for my E-Trac and Anfibio both.
      Doesn't have to be for the Anfibio but if anyone has experience with these makes with other units it could be helpful in hearing how they run and any pros/cons.
      Thanks and HH!
      Mike
    • By Rick Kempf
      I just got word today that the new lightweight 15” coils are in production. I have a prototype for the T2 - it weighs 750 grams (26 oz.). MSRP is $149. If anyone wants one, I can get it shipped direct from FTP to you. 
      It looks identical to the previous 15” coil - just made with different epoxy and much lighter.
    • By KOOPDOG50
      Hey there peops, i have a Nokta Fors CoRe with  13x11web coil ,9x5web coil and a 4x4 coil, and i also have a pinpointer.
      I haven't found any gold with this machine,, but on a test nugget it does register/ give a signal.
      My question i ask is , can i fit other coils to the machine that will be better for finding small nuggets ??