TDI Beachunter Coil Swap + Battery Mod Done...

After a busy week, doing an effort between heavy rain interruptions, I finally finished this work!

Thanks for all people involved in this project for their knowledge shared...

Underwater test next week(I hope)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Does that Coiltek coil have neutral boyancy?

Best of luck looking forward to see how it works for ya!

1 hour ago, kac said:

Does that Coiltek coil have neutral boyancy?

Best of luck looking forward to see how it works for ya!

It is a Detech 8" Mono coil for Gpx and Tdi Pro/Sl...The alternative was the Coiltek Platypus 12x8 mono, but is a discontinued one and a few are available in the Usa only...

Talking of buoyancy, There's not a lot of difference with the original 12" dual field...It will float the same way believe me...

• Like 1

One thing nice about the Garrett mono is it works really well in the water even salt, doesn't lift off at all.

Hoping it performs as well as possible for your conditions. The gasket is difficult but looks like it is all seated correctly. I don’t think the cable glands will give you any problems.....it forms a good watertight seal when tightened and Whites seal the connection where the cable gland meets the control box.....you can see the black adhesive. Fingers crossed that the heavy salt is manageable.....keep the Gain down if not needed especially if you know targets are in range. And finally, don’t get too concerned about low delays......even at 20uS you will capture most gold and the higher karat gold responds very well to higher delays. 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, kac said:

One thing nice about the Garrett mono is it works really well in the water even salt, doesn't lift off at all.

I love the Garrett 8" coil design.That coil was born exactly for diving purpose but unluckily some more mods were needed...Things I'm still not able to do...I learned in a spectacular pdf file that Steve posted here, there's lot more than wire another brand's coil on the machine...After the mechanical work there's how to tune the machine for the new addition...Game over for me then.

The easiest choice for the Tdi was to use a Gpx/Gp/Sd Minelab compatible coil... I Still think something can be improved on the pcb however...Next underwater test will tell the truth on this subject.

• Like 1

I hear ya, wanted to build a machine myself but need to get an oscilloscope and invest too much $$ and time. Last thing you want to do id damage that TDI especially since Whites seems to be in a bit of limbo.

• Like 1