White's V3i Issue

Hi, Dan from U.K.  I have been using a V3i since November last year and enjoy it immensely.  However, today I had an issue with the machine flashing random numbers and beeping even when held at shoulder height.  This continued when I tried single frequency modes and when I changed to a different coil  Also in different locations.   Has anyone experienced this problem?

I had this problem in one particular hunting site. No matter which detector I tried it did what you are talking about. I do not own a V3i but it is a good chance what you are seeing is some sort of interference, hopefully. But you may have to bite the bullet and do a full reset  and see if that helps. If not you should send it back for repair while it is possible.

• Like 1

Hi Dan ,

I would go with Steve i have had it happen when the batteries get down a fair way,  another thing is did you try a different program after you went to single frequency. If that fails send it back to Whites to iron it out.

Regards.

I've been unlucky enough with the V3i that the preamp gain setting and sensitivity can't be set high anywhere. I suspect they don't have good noise rejection.  You could adjust those settings to see if it helps with the interference. Just take a note on the current settings for pre amp and sensitivity, so you can change back without resetting the profile. These detectors have an awesome level of control, and thankfully you can make lots of profiles and reset them individually

To me that sound like a coil issue to me @coogeedan

You mentioned different coils, are all the coils VSpec, you can see on the side of the loop ears if they are stamped with a V these are suitable for the VX3 and V3i

Is there any point where the coils become stable when the gain is turned down on the unit?  

• Like 1

If you have a problem with Spectra V3 with Emi ...:

1. Use the " 3Fmultifrequency/or 1F frequency offset " settings in the first place ...- this is the basis.:wink:
2. Use Ground filter type band ,,, the most efficient is 5 hz band ,,
3. Lower the Rx Gain ,, and turn on the Tx bost  ON... it eliminates emi very well..and preserves the depth of detection ..
4 ... Use low modulation 1 or 2 / it is audio gain / ... thereby silence the false signals .. to a sufficient extent...

5....Don't forget the possibility of using a smaller or medium-sized coil ... it also helps well ...👍

Two-box-Spectra V3-El NINO.jpg

• Like 2

On 8/22/2020 at 9:51 PM, EL NINO77 said:

If you have a problem with Spectra V3 with Emi ...:

1. Use the " 3Fmultifrequency/or 1F frequency offset " settings in the first place ...- this is the basis.:wink:
2. Use Ground filter type band ,,, the most efficient is 5 hz band ,,
3. Lower the Rx Gain ,, and turn on the Tx bost  ON... it eliminates emi very well..and preserves the depth of detection ..
4 ... Use low modulation 1 or 2 / it is audio gain / ... thereby silence the false signals .. to a sufficient extent...

5....Don't forget the possibility of using a smaller or medium-sized coil ... it also helps well ...👍

Two-box-Spectra V3-El NINO.jpg

That is a very interesting V3 machine that you have in that picture,has it been modified by yourself to work in a similar fashion as the Garrett attachment on the 2500 ?? or is it a setup that allows you to use one coil at a time but a quick change over while detecting.Gut feeling is that you have it setup in a similar fashion as the Garrett 'Eagle eye' depth multiplier.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RickUK said:

That is a very interesting V3 machine that you have in that picture,has it been modified by yourself to work in a similar fashion as the Garrett attachment on the 2500 ??

That has been discussed a couple times recently.  Here is one of them:

• Like 2