Rtg Blade Sand Scoop

I haven't used it but I like it. I like that the front has no holes and is light weight. I'll be getting one next spring. My main scoop right now is all stainless steel.

7.5" aluminum V-shaped bucket with 9/16" punched holes
Angled back plate
40" aluminum handle with foot bracket support
Comfortable rubber hand grip

BLADESCOOP-2 2.jpg

It's interesting that the scoop is aluminum too. I wonder how well that will hold up. Should be very light. I hope it works well.

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering when someone would post this on ANY forum ! Here you go.... I'm a heavy hitting hunter and tend to abuse my scoops. Don't get any of these without the SS tip or they will wear out fast , unless you are a dry sand hunter. My 1st one lasted less than 6 months and the welds split along the back lip and where the shaft met the bucket. There is some flex because of the width and size , it's big ! This is in heavy larger rocks and concrete like sand. They let me keep this one and sent me a new one , more reinforced. All I paid was $35 in shipping. Meanwhile , I had my broken 1 heavily reinforced by a local welder. Cost me $40. So now I have 2 of these scoops. They are light , big and heavy duty. I also have John's Titanium scoop which is the ultimate water tool in the world ! But , this is about 3x what you pay for the RTG. Now , if I know I'm hunting in a larger rocky area I bring the titanium. But 85% of my hunting is on the slope (softer sand) or hardpack wet sand/water. And I use this RTG scoop at 1/3 the price , so keep that in mind. But the two I now own are beefed up a bit over factory. Again , I beat the hell out of my scoops. The folks at RTG have NEVER failed in taking care of me. Don't be afraid to ask them to customize. They are great ! Just realize how often and hard you are on your scoop when making a decision. 

• Like 2