Nokta Still In Operation???

It's been 8 days since I emailed Nokta. I gave them all the info on the problem and the serial number of my coil. Not a peep or response!!! about my coil issue. I never have not had acompany get back to you in 3 days, let alone 8. I guess we live in a throw away society, They make a great machine, But I do not need this poor service, Even the Georgia service center won't answer multiple phone calls. (wondering if its closed down) In the future I won't bother with the warranty, I'll just go purchase another item ( cheaper and faster that way, also less headaches). Luckily I can afford to do so, but I feel bad for the guy or gal who can't. I can't wait for the excuses I will hear, We are having problems due to covid, We are working on a limited staff, Our internet supplier is having problems.  Anyone in a phone booth could respond to an email and give better service. I'm fine with not getting a warranty or service, Just tell me so I can keep on detecting without all the loss of time sending it back and forth. Our society has become accustom to poor service and bad warranty responses. REMEMBER WE SUPPORT YOU, THE LEAST YOU COULD DO IS SUPPORT US!!!! Tomorrow I will buy another 11'' coil for my MK and call it done. Anyone reading this post/rant, do not let this stop you from buying an MK or other Nokta detector they are top notch!!!  I'm just bitching about bad customer service. I'm not the kind of guy who makes waves, But I've had enough of companies thinking its OK to NOT respond to a simple email. Customer service is the foundation of a great business. 

• Like 1

Dogodog sorry to hear that buddy. I had a customer that had a similar situation. After a bit of them not answering I just set him a replacement part so he wasn't left hanging. Brand new machine he bought and couldn't even use it. If you decide to buy a new coil yourself let me know I can help ya out a bit. Try to also email Van Boon he is the main guy to talk to at the service center. 

service@noktamakrorepairs.com

Nokta Makro Service Center
862 Laffayette Street 
Unit 1162
Ringgold, GA 30736
+1 706 619 2601

• Like 1

Not that hard to reply to an email or phone message. Wonder if the USA service center is even open anymore?

At least Garrett and others jump on customer service. One of the reasons I didn't get a Blisstool is because lack of service here in the States. Hopefully nothing goes wrong with my MK. Maybe Nokta will read this and check up on the situation. Good machines but be a shame if you can't get them serviced here.

• Like 1

I know they were pretty active on face book. Maybe look and see if you could message them through there if you have an account. Or if you do not maybe someone in your family can try for you.

• Like 1

I am having a similar issue with MinelabAmerica. I have an issue that I brought to their attention for possible warranty work. They contacted me three days later and said they were working on a solution. That was two weeks ago..............

So far, not impressed.

• Like 2

I'm not asking for the world, just a reply. I was expecting way better service since they make a well thought out machine. It's service like this, that make new detectors nervous to buy a higher dollar machine. Maybe if I was higher on the food chain I would have gotten some response.

As of now, I will have to reconsider purchasing any new detector from them. Sad too because I'm very brand loyal. Unfortunately they don't seem customer loyal.

• Like 1

Wonder how hard it is to set up as a service center? I know I could easily put up a competant crew with fast turnaround. Part of skill sets required is ability to use and handle a Telephone and ability to Read and Reply to emails. That and a bit of inventory and minor test equipment shouldn't prove to be too tricky other than the Read part...

5 hours ago, dogodog said:

I'm not asking for the world, just a reply. I was expecting way better service since they make a well thought out machine. It's service like this, that make new detectors nervous to buy a higher dollar machine. Maybe if I was higher on the food chain I would have gotten some response.

As of now, I will have to reconsider purchasing any new detector from them. Sad too because I'm very brand loyal. Unfortunately they don't seem customer loyal.

Did you consider contacting (by PM) user Nokta Detectors here at detectorprospector.com?  If not, try it.  That's Dilek and she's always seemed pretty responsive on the forum here.

Another thing to consider when dealing with European companies at this time of year (first half of August) -- some places just shut down for a summer break.

At the minimum an auto reply from an email would be nice so the customer knows someone is on the other end. Even a voice message on the phone on status is nice. Silence is the worst thing for customer support.

• Like 2