Nokta Still In Operation???

I get all the reason's why in todays world, But we are a tech driven world also. Email, Zoom ect. are how we all live right now. I know of no company that does not send auto replies if there is something going on. Most times they will redirect you to a phone number to help with said problem. As for european shut downs I'm quite up on that. All will inform you of the shutdown and still give you info on how to still do business with them. My wife is a senior VP with a company that has 6000 employee's. She would terminate anyone who did not respond to a clients concerns in a 24 hour period. I think we all have been burned by warranty and insurance issues in every facet of our life. For me its getting old. I'm not that old, But I live by a code of helping people and treating them with respect. Not getting back to me is a form of disrespect. That being said the thing is I'm not sure the coil is bad, So I'm willing to pay all charges foward and back if it is not. If it is I would like a new coil even if they prorated and I had to pay shipping. I'm very easy going. As for the Dilek reach out, I like the whole chain of command thing (sorry). Going straight to the boss is BS, Her people should know how she wants things to work. Plus I doubt that she hasn't already been informed of my dismay, since she frequents this forum. At this point its all OK. I'll just purchase another coil and see if it resolves my problem. If not  I will buy another MK and start over, I like the machine that much. They make a great product it's just their service that stinks.

• Like 1

Thanks Simon!!!

I'm trying to find the good in this, and thank everyone for the info. I think that Nokta needs a good solid link to USA sales and service. Not just random internet sales, ect. This would take a big burdon off of the Turkish headquarters and allow for higher sales and controlled distribution and warranty concerns. The smaller the companies network web, the more issues they will have. Most companies have a hard time crossing the bridge of expansion, Which leads them down a path of failure. Trying to do more with less often comes at the cost of lost and disenfranchised customers. I'm no genius (high school education) but this dummy has done very well for himself understanding common sense. Nokta would be very wise to create a USA hub for all sales and service. Remember no one wants to spend money shipping an item to the end of the world to recieve the bad news of we won't cover that. Tons of Nokta supporters want to believe that the warranty means something. Understanding competion on products allows me to see into their business model. Competion can cause unnecessary panic and diversion of resources. This company makes one hell of a detector. They need to come to terms that they do. Customer service is king if you want to survive in a slowly shrinking environment. I understand that they deal with alot of BS claims and have to filter through the good from the bad. Like I said , I just want them to evaluate said coil at my cost or their's. 

There is NO excuse for 0 communication. This is the ultimate jerk-around. I can deal with the BS excuses ...but cmon...to just be left hanging. You got ghosted ! To me , it's no different going on a 2 hour hunt , swinging away for a few miles and getting barley any targets. I'd rather get some junk knowing something is there.....

in China!  Nokta dealers have good after-sales service!  They provide a lifetime warranty!  Usually, they will solve the problem within a week (free shipping)!  Many customers choose their detectors!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dogodog said:

I think that Nokta needs a good solid link to USA sales and service.

From Minelab's experience that does seem like a big hurdle.  They were partnering with Kellyco.  Nuff said.  Eventually they got the current company in Pennsylvania and that was running smoothly, until the virus hit.  Whether the current backlog is difficulty getting parts or difficulty with labor or ??, I don't think we know and ML isn't famous for being overly vociferous.  They seem to be followers of the "need to know" basis theory, and we're not in that loop.

• Like 1

Yo Dog i have a brand new 11" anfibio coil just collecting dust. I usually hunt the iron sites and use smaller coils. PM your address it's yours if ya want it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/12/2020 at 7:57 PM, xlbsa said:

in China!  Nokta dealers have good after-sales service!  They provide a lifetime warranty!  Usually, they will solve the problem within a week (free shipping)!  Many customers choose their detectors!

Lifetime warranty on electronics is a bad idea, parts do break down. Think that was one of the contributing factors to Tesoros demise besides no real new machines.

On 8/12/2020 at 8:30 PM, GB_Amateur said:

They were partnering with Kellyco

I bought a few things from Kellyco, not all that bad a company but their customer support seems to get overwhelmed and can take a while for response back. Overall if I buy something from them I get it in 2 days (not including the new post office fiasco).

Dog did you try contacting Nokta directly? https://www.noktadetectors.com/contact-us/

Try filling out the web form on the side of the site. Give them a week and they should get back to you. I never talked or dealt with the USA office.

Tempted to snag a Gold Racer but if they have killed off support for the USA then I would be better off snagging a Whites machines since they still honor their warranty.

Support at the NoktaMakro repair center is happening--just talked to them this morning and was told to send the detector in. Kickin Dirt's referral is right on!

Maybe you have more pull than I do? Its been now 2 weeks with no reply. Phone calls to the Georgia center go unanswered. Also Nokta needs to give a warranty repair number that I do not have yet. Sending my coil to a person I can not talk to does not give me comfort. Oh and by the way Kickin Dirts referral is not right on or someone would do their job. (like answer the phone)