Any Info On An Old 8" Dredge?

Been a long time guys... Found an old 8" dredge im thinking of bringing back to life. Curious if anyone recognizes this make/model of dredge. Owner says it has keene pumps and thinks maybe tecumseh motors but not sure. Have a couple of pics but wish I took more. Motors were in a locked cabin so I didnt get to see them yet. Planning on picking this up in a couple of weeks. Will be a long trip to get. If anyone has any info it would be much appreciated. Thanks

20190912_184740.jpg

20190912_184734.jpg

20190912_184749.jpg

Looks more like a custom built unit but I could be wrong.

From what I am seeing it should be ready in short order as not to much is missing of it.

What type of camp is that in, and is it abandoned?

Good luck on your find.

• Like 1

Found a little more information on it so Im pretty happy moving forward. Its a custom Dahlke made in 2001. Hopefully its all there. Will find out in a couple weeks. Its from an old dredging camp that is inactive but the claims are still current. Thanks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KrisDeVo said:

Its from an old dredging camp that is inactive but the claims are still current.

I would ask the owners of the claim about the dredge before doing to much to it, just in case they report it stolen.

I hope you get to keep it and make it work again.

Good Luck

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2Valen said:

I would ask the owners of the claim about the dredge before doing to much to it, just in case they report it stolen.

I hope you get to keep it and make it work again.

Good Luck

I contacted the owner of the dredge last year when I found it. I am buying it from him so its all good. Would never just take anything.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, KrisDeVo said:

Found a little more information on it so Im pretty happy moving forward. Its a custom Dahakle made in 2001. Hopefully its all there. Will find out in a couple weeks. Its from an old dredging camp that is inactive but the claims are still current. Thanks

I can see it being a custom Dahlke. Not anything common, that’s for sure, as I’ve seen most commercial dredges made in the last 50 years, and that one is ringing no bells at all.

https://www.dahlkedredge.net/product-page/mini-8-series-gold-dredge

8164FCCF-5C30-499D-9B90-6413228E2BD5.jpeg

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I can see it being a custom Dahlke. Not anything common, that’s for sure, as I’ve seen most commercial dredges made in the last 50 years, and that one is ringing no bells at all.

https://www.dahlkedredge.net/product-page/mini-8-series-gold-dredge

Thanks for the response Steve. Have you seen those floats before? Owner says his partner (who passed away) worked with Dahlke in 2001 to build it. Sounds like his partner made some of it. Does the power jet look familiar?  The dredge looks to be a commercial size and maybe not a mini like pictured on their site.

20200811_225039.jpg

18 hours ago, KrisDeVo said:

I contacted the owner of the dredge last year when I found it.

Glad to know that as I have seen others not care about who actually owned anything. Some of my  neighbors are sitting in jail right now because they just can't resist something they like.

Glad that you found out more about the dredge as I thought it was something custom. The floats are used on many of the boat docks around here and they are pretty tough. Those power jets are also custom made and if I can find the old supplier I had from a Florida job I had done I will send it to you. I believe those were made in Texas, but I can't remember just where.

When we were looking for a sunken ship in the Glades we had used power jets like those and that is why I think those are from that area. As I remember they are heavier than standard jets and take a lot of muscle to move them around. I was using one to clear an area around some cannons so we could get them out of the water.