First Gold Chain(s) With The Nox

17 minutes ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

That's a Great Haul Compass!! Wow! Big Congrads on the run time also...that in itself is a mountain!! 

Thanks Joe, I can't believe how fast time seems to fly by when I am detecting. My watch said 10 hours but my body said only 8 or 9! :laugh:

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Hardtimehermit said:

Nice gold chain, and great hunting thanks for sharing your hard work!

Thanks Hermit, I wanted to share more but I am technology challenged. My GoPro battery was going bad so I got that fixed but on this last hunt I didn't realize that my memory disk was full and I didn't know how to clear it in the field. I could have figured it out but that would have cut into my detecting time and maybe I wouldn't have found that nice chain if I took the time to get the camera working.

• Like 1

Your doing great Compass!

Keep up the good work!👍👍

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Joe D. said:

Your doing great compass!

Keep up the good work!👍👍

Thanks Joe, I've been blessed with one of my best detecting years, so far, despite everything that's been going on. Being fully retired now helps. I know that the hot streak I am on will have to end sometime but for now I am enjoying the ride.

• Like 2

Chains are tough targets and getting 2 in a day makes it a   fantastic hunt. The last 2 gold  looking chains stuck to a magnet for me so I am glad you  got the  real thing.The last gold I got were those ugly rapper gold bridges at 5.8 grams, but gold is gold so I will take them all day long.You deserve A prime       rib dinner after that hunt.

• Thanks 1

Just remember Mel Fisher's favorite saying..... "Today's The Day"!!

That's what i tell myself, everytime i detect!! Keeps me going, along with the forum, through those "lean" hunts!!👍👍

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Dances With Doves said:

Chains are tough targets and getting 2 in a day makes it a   fantastic hunt. The last 2 gold  looking chains stuck to a magnet for me so I am glad you  got the  real thing.The last gold I got were those ugly rapper gold bridges at 5.8 grams, but gold is gold so I will take them all day long.You deserve A prime       rib dinner after that hunt.

Thanks DWD, Yes, I've had my spirit crushed with fake jewelry all too many times as well. Gold is gold but I don't think I would have been nearly as excited to see someone's dental work hanging on the edge of my scoop. Like you said, finding gold chains is tough which makes finding them especially satisfying.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Joe D. said:

Just remember Mel Fisher's favorite saying..... "Today's The Day"!!

That's what i tell myself, everytime i detect!! Keeps me going, along with the forum, through those "lean" hunts!!👍👍

Someone said that detecting was like playing a slot machine and every scoop taken or hole dug was like another pull of the slot machine handle (or the push of the button nowadays). You just never know when you are going to hit the jackpot. I think the comparison has merit but I like my odds at the beach or lake more than those in Vegas! 😉

• Like 4

Fantastic hunt, hope you recover soon from all that hard work. Do you wade in the water or use tanks.

How deep of water are you in when you have found the good stuff?

Good luck on your next hunt.

• Like 1