First Gold Chain(s) With The Nox

20 minutes ago, 2Valen said:

Fantastic hunt, hope you recover soon from all that hard work. Do you wade in the water or use tanks.

How deep of water are you in when you have found the good stuff?

Good luck on your next hunt.

Thanks 2Valen, I'm feeling better already and could hunt tomorrow if I wanted to! I wade in the water and on this hunt worked in depths from my thighs to my stomach. I could go a little deeper but it's a little inconvenient to keep lifting the detector up to read the TID numbers. I'd say that my best lake finds have been made in about waist deep water.

• Like 2

Really good i started to like the nox more and more ,it is going to be hard to beat .........

RR

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Rivers rat said:

Really good i started to like the nox more and more ,it is going to be hard to beat .........

RR

Thanks Rat, I feel the same. At first, I was thinking that I was just having more luck this year, and luck does play a part, but I attribute my recent spike in fresh water gold finds to getting more familiar with the language of the Nox. Still prefer my pulse detectors for salt water/black sand environments though.

I've been busy and hadn't had a chance to read my emails or the forum.  That was a great hunt.

Have you considered entering the Ironman in Hawaii?  You and those 10 hour days.  I went about 4 hours this morning but I had a jones for an afternoon hunt as well for a couple of hours.  Sometimes it all just comes together.

Mitchel

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mn90403 said:

I've been busy and hadn't had a chance to read my emails or the forum.  That was a great hunt.

Have you considered entering the Ironman in Hawaii?  You and those 10 hour days.  I went about 4 hours this morning but I had a jones for an afternoon hunt as well for a couple of hours.  Sometimes it all just comes together.

Mitchel

Thanks Mitchel, My running days are over except I did run for cover a couple weeks ago when I spotted the beach patrol coming up the coast at 2am! I was surprised at how quickly I can move with a scoop in one hand and metal detector in the other. :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

That’s one long lucrative hunt. It’s great to find a gold ring but there’s something special about a gold chain. Especially a trophy like that big one. Congrats!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, okara gold said:

That’s one long lucrative hunt. It’s great to find a gold ring but there’s something special about a gold chain. Especially a trophy like that big one. Congrats!

Thanks o.g., I agree and now that I've found a couple gold chains in that 1-4 TID range I am going to really go after those numbers with more determination now. Before finding those chains I had dug so so many pieces of foil that I would start skipping the "1s" if I was tired. Maybe I have it backwards and should start skipping the high TIDs when I get tired. ???

Congratulations on a fantastic find! The gold is there waiting for someone like you to come and claim it. Keep up the nice work!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, South Padre Treasure said:

Congratulations on a fantastic find! The gold is there waiting for someone like you to come and claim it. Keep up the nice work!

Thanks SPT, It's funny- I can either say it's not likely that there will be another nice chain like that there or I can say if one was there, there has to be another. I feel like the latter is true and that there is more gold waiting to be claimed. 🙂

• Thanks 1

Wow that's a lot of targets. They should be paying you for cleaning the beach. Congratulations on the Gold especially those chains.

HH

Mike

• Thanks 1