Going To Get A Second Pinpointer For When Friends Tag Along

Great information everyone!  Thanks! 

6 hours ago, Bash said:

I have the Nox 800 and the Vanquish 440.  I use them both regularly.

Profind 35 will work fine with those. Hopefully the new batches don't have the quality issues many ran into.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, phrunt said:

Thanks, is the Mi-6 noticeably better than the Carrot AT on small targets?

The Mi-6 was more sensitive on all targets in my testing. However, I could have a really hot Mi-6 and a less than hot Garrett Carrot. My Fisher Tek-Points are slightly different for instance after many hours of use.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kac said:

Profind 35 will work fine with those. Hopefully the new batches don't have the quality issues many ran into.

I have friends who use the Profinds with their Equinox. They have to noise cancel their Equinox with their Profind on just like the rest of us with our respective pinpointers. Otherwise, there could be some interference for sure. The Profinds have DIF for sure but it doesn't completely eliminate interference on simultaneous multi frequency detectors operating at frequencies that include 12 kHz +/-.

• Like 2

My standalone pinpointer is the original black Garrett propointer had it years and its never let me down,always carried a new Whites Bullseye as the backup but as yet never need to use it.

But my favourite pinpointer combination is the 'MS-3 Wireless Headphone Kit with ProPointer AT Z-Lynk' i use this not only on my Nox but also all my other detectors both VLF or PI which has the 1/4'' jack,its not a cheap setup but after the initial one of outlay i can then switch to listen the pinpointer through my Garrett headphones without sliding the headphone off one earlobe while i listen to the pinpointer.One of the best bits of kit that i have bought in recent years.

• Like 3

I was out weekend before last and had both my TRX and my TekPoint in my finds bag.    TRX with batteries, the TekPoint without batteries.   

When I pulled out my TRX to use it, it wouldn't turn on.  I fiddled with the batteries and still couldn't get it to turn on so I pulled the batteries and put them in my Tekpoint.   They ran fine in the Tekpoint and I've used it that weekend and this last weekend.

I put new batteries in my TRX and it works fine.   

I guess when the batteries finally quit on the Tekpoint I'll move them to the F75 and finish them off.

Moral of the whole post is that the Tekpoint is pretty good on batteries.

HH
Mike

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mike Hillis said:

I guess when the batteries finally quit on the Tekpoint I'll move them to the F75 and finish them off.

I've always been amazed at how low the voltage can be for batteries in the F75 and it still works.  That helps extend the run time to near amazing lengths, IMO.  My two hand-held pinpointers (Carrot included) seem to be especially picky with voltage compared to standard IB/VLF's.  But being able to run AA's instead of 9V on the TRX is a cost-saving bonus, at least if using non-rechargeables.

The beginning of your post had me concenred your TRX had a worn out switch.  That happened to my first one, and after 2 yr warranty expired.  But I tend to turn mine on and off quite a bit while recovering a single target -- a bad habit I need to break.

1 hour ago, GB_Amateur said:

My two hand-held pinpointers (Carrot included) seem to be especially picky with voltage

My Pro-Find 35, when I still had it, was particular about the 9V batteries it could use, i.e. alkaline only. Heavy duty batteries caused glitching.