Minelab GPX 6000 Full Reveal In February 2021?

10 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Since when did this topic say full reveal in December?  I thought the Full Monty was in October!

The FCC website has a Confidentiality Letter that requests the user manual and photos not be revealed until October 19:

"We are requesting the commission to grant short-term confidentiality request on the following attachments until 19 October 2020. External Photos, Internal Photos, Test Setup Photos, User Manual"

So in theory by October 19th we could have photos and a user manual available for download. However, the website has availability notes now appended to those document listings, and they are calling for a December 18, 2020 release of the information.

When I started this thread I went by the requested date in the letter. I recently changed it to reflect the change in the information availability dates listed on the FCC website. The information has already been submitted and the FCC has it, but you don’t get to see it until December. From the FCC at least. Minelab can always release info earlier than that if they choose to do so.

In either case it is a short wait now to see what Minelab has cooking for gold prospectors.

minelab-gpx-6000-info-available.jpg
Minelab GPX 6000 Users Manual available by 12-18-2020

minelab-gpx-6000-new-for-2021.jpg

• Thanks 1

I didn't see the title change in the notes that now show on other thread titles that have been altered.  Just wondering if others are paying attention.  (Sometimes I don't.)

Well, in fairness, for those who are really paying attention - I posted the confidentiality document in this thread indicating a release on or before Dec 18th over a month ago. :laugh: 

The link I posted goes to the actual FCC database, which for some reason is down today (it was up yesterday). Not that it particularly matters, but Steve the link you included is actually a 3rd party data scraping site that is emulating the actual FCC website. Same info in the end though I guess, just about a week delayed it seems.

If that link dies, the product code to search the FCC database for this GPX 6000 is "Z4C-0039"

• Like 3

On 9/20/2020 at 12:43 PM, jasong said:

Well, in fairness, for those who are really paying attention - I posted the confidentiality document in this thread indicating a release on or before Dec 18th over a month ago. :laugh: 

The link I posted goes to the actual FCC database, which for some reason is down today (it was up yesterday). Not that it particularly matters, but Steve the link you included is actually a 3rd party data scraping site that is emulating the actual FCC website. Same info in the end though I guess, just about a week delayed it seems.

If that link dies, the product code to search the FCC database for this GPX 6000 is "Z4C-0039"

You did indeed Jason, and credit where credit is due. I'm just finally catching up to you! :smile:

Official FCC website report on GPX 6000

https://fcc.report/FCC-ID/Z4C-0039/4856998.pdf

"In additional to above mentioned documents, pursuant to Public Notice DA 04-1705 of the
Commission’s policy, in order to comply with the marketing regulations in 47 CFR §2.803 and the
importation rules in 47 CFR §2.1204, while ensuring that business sensitive information remains
confidential until the actual marketing of newly authorized devices. We are requesting the
commission to grant short-term confidentiality request on the following attachments until:
18 December 2020
External Photos
Internal Photos
Test Setup Photos
User Manual"

minelab-gpx-6000-mockup.jpg

• Like 3

On 8/15/2020 at 2:18 PM, Jonathan Porter said:

Good ergonomics are vital to comfortable detecting. Overall weight is a weird one, for instance I find the GPZ really nicely balanced in flat terrain but can understand how people in steep areas would suffer terribly, I also prefer the weight to help maintain a good range of motion control over deep edge of detection signal responses, this controlled ranged of motion is especially important for a DOD coil design as they are a slow coil by nature, good control also helps in avoiding saturation signals. One thing that does drive me nuts with the GPZ is the delay in the menu button pressing, absolutely slow as a wet weekend. Seriously it’s Commodore 64 on dial up slow, its so slow it actually hurts my brain thinking about changing a setting, press button, think, think, think.... think some more then a tiny bit more then as your about to give up and try again chirp!!!😳🥵

I also find the SDC a nightmare to use because of the left right swivel knuckle and general klunkyness, yet they sell like hot cakes both new and second hand😬,  an all time ergonomic Frankenstein nightmare that just keeps on going and going, our hire machines cop an absolute pounding year after year yet step up time and again begging for more!!😅

Time will tell on what ML are actually offering, the usual catalyst for what people are willing to pay is the results from the early adopters, a price tag as described suggests ML are confident in what they are doing. 

Steve I’m interested in the Impulse too, is there a release date announced at all? (I’ll go click on your link so this question might be silly)

JP

Yes Jonathan, for those of us that spend 90% of our time detecting in mountains, the weight of the heavy Minelabs really is a killer.

I'm with Steve on looking forward to someone that will come out with a top-notch much-lighter-weight machine that will do a comparable (or better) job to the heavy Minelabs. I can only dream about detecting in flat areas because our gold is mountain bred and often requires hanging on by the toes while swinging a coil.

If Minelab gets the weight down considerably and it truly offers something remarkably different in their new 6000 model, I'll take a look, if not, I'll look somewhere else.

All the best,

Lanny

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Lanny said:

Yes Jonathan, for those of us that spend 90% of our time detecting in mountains, the weight of the heavy Minelabs really is a killer.

I'm with Steve on looking forward to someone that will come out with a top-notch much-lighter-weight machine that will do a comparable (or better) job to the heavy Minelabs. I can only dream about detecting in flat areas because our gold is mountain bred and often requires hanging on by the toes while swinging a coil.

If Minelab gets the weight down considerably and it truly offers something remarkably different in their new 6000 model, I'll take a look, if not, I'll look somewhere else.

All the best,

Lanny

Lanny I assure you I too dream of the perfect lightweight form factor detector that has the performance we’ve all become accustomed to since ML released its first PI back in 1995. Hopefully new ML detectors coming out will follow the Equinox 800 which eloquently combines both desires/needs.😎

JP

• Like 7

• 1 month later...

From this Codan annual report document

"During FY21, Minelab will introduce a new gold detector, which will include the best features from both the SDC 2300 and GPX platforms"

"Minelab will soon release a new GPX detector which introduces an ease of use technology, GeoSense Pulse Induction, and will sit within the premium end of our gold detector product portfolio."

Also:

• "progressed the development of our new GPX replacement gold detector, to be released in FY21;"

So, it is indeed intended as a 4500/5000 replacement, maybe SDC too. And if it's in the premium end of the product portfolio, I have to grudgingly assume it's going to be inordinately expensive.

From the CEO address at the annual meeting on Oct 28th.

"We continue to accelerate the pace of innovation in Minelab. Over the past two years we have moved from simultaneously developing three new metal detecting products to six, which has increased the frequency of new product releases to the market."

I haven't kept track of what they are working on or have released in the coin/relic and military world. Aside from the 6000, does that leave room for any other new detectors being developed in that "six" new metal detecting products?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, jasong said:

From this Codan annual report document

"During FY21, Minelab will introduce a new gold detector, which will include the best features from both the SDC 2300 and GPX platforms"

"Minelab will soon release a new GPX detector which introduces an ease of use technology, GeoSense Pulse Induction, and will sit within the premium end of our gold detector product portfolio."

Also:

• "progressed the development of our new GPX replacement gold detector, to be released in FY21;"

So, it is indeed intended as a 4500/5000 replacement, maybe SDC too. And if it's in the premium end of the product portfolio, I have to grudgingly assume it's going to be inordinately expensive.

From the CEO address at the annual meeting on Oct 28th.

"We continue to accelerate the pace of innovation in Minelab. Over the past two years we have moved from simultaneously developing three new metal detecting products to six, which has increased the frequency of new product releases to the market."

I haven't kept track of what they are working on or have released in the coin/relic and military world. Aside from the 6000, does that leave room for any other new detectors being developed in that "six" new metal detecting products?

So anyone else reading "an ease of use technology" as a push towards operation simplification? I mean, names can be misleading but I would have to think they are implying this GeoSense is some new version of automatic ground tracking, possibly combined with automatic tuning for ground conditions? An attempt to "idiot-proof" it similar to the SDC and Monster?

A GPX/SDC in one will be great (maybe not to those whom already own both). Given the teasers they have released thus far, and given the good machines in the market, I think this one is going to find a home around that $6,000 mark.

Sounds like that will be a great detector for guys just getting into nugget prospecting. But it does not sound like it will be something productive for going over old patches, if they are just using similar tech as the current issues. Wait and see I guess...

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Minelab GPX 6000 Full Reveal In February 2021?
  • The topic was locked
  • This topic was unlocked and locked
  • The topic was unlocked