Minelab GPX 6000 Full Reveal In February 2021?

I feel like the GPZ with the 8" is perfectly balanced with the shaft extended fully, and it makes swinging it without the bungee a breeze. It's still a heavy machine, but I forget it is because the balance makes swinging it so much less stressful on my elbow and forearm. I haven't made it to the goldfields yet for heavy usage, but doing some tests it feels right.

I hope Minelab understands this and updated any and all new designs for proper balance incoporating the GPZ style case. I believe that you can have a heavier machine still be usable with no complaints as long as the balance is proper or at least close. It's when it gets really nose heavy, a user can stress out there elbow and arm due to the balance problem which they attempt to alleviate with the swing arm, harness, J strut, etc.

But really, Minelab just needed a lighter coil...literally, that's all.

So like Simon says, I believe Minelab would go far by just putting some time into coil development too. For future models, hopefully including this GPX 6000 and whatever comes next.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I can easily swing the GPZ for the day without a problem with it's weight

You're a relatively young gent. Wait awhile…that machine is too heavy for the majority of people.
Also, and I don't expect you to believe me (which is fine), but the way to be able to lug that detector over 
the kinds of terrain you cover is to start using a HipStick now. Don't wait til it hurts.

Best wishes...

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, flakmagnet said:

but the way to be able to lug that detector over 
the kinds of terrain you cover is to start using a HipStick now. Don't wait til it hurts.

AMEN! I just started to use the hipstick very recently, used the ML ProSwing before. A few weeks in and I can't imagine ever being without it anymore. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, madtuna said:

make one.  I mean before I get my butt chewed...make something similar.

I would only hope that if one day, when you invent something successful that you don't have someone
make that kind of suggestion. I actually know first hand how much effort went into designing and making  it and how difficult it was getting it out to customers. Chewing done.

• Like 2

The balance is a big factor in comfort and endurance. A lighter coil weight is the most effective way to go. Consider what you want, depth or coverage. For depth go for a round coil and a elliptical for covering more area. If you are cleaning up a patch select a round coil suitable for the size and depth of the found gold. Remember a bigger coil (say double size) does not increase the depth by the same rate but the weight nearly does.  As for curly cord, HipStick and harness are all a pain in the neck (shoulder.. back.. elbow.. etc) but they are needed some times but lets hope its not because of wrong choice of coil for the job. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, flakmagnet said:

I would only hope that if one day, when you invent something successful that you don't have someone
make that kind of suggestion. I actually know first hand how much effort went into designing and making  it and how difficult it was getting it out to customers. Chewing done.

ahh yes...I should have bought a pick instead of making my own...how rude an unethical of me.

I live in the middle of nowhere, somethings you just cannot get out here. Many manufactures and retailers just refuse to ship or prices to ship make it just not viable.

You adapt something or make something and I make no apologies for that because sometime the other option - go without is unacceptable.

Edit: I am not suggesting anyone go full on manufacturing and selling a replica product, just knock up something similar for personal use.

Some bloke on another forum started a year or so ago forging a bent tool for scratching crevices and sells heaps for about $45au.

Next time I need a new crevice scratcher I'll modify another old screw driver or bend a bit of fence wire as I've always done and wont feel one bit of remorse for not buying his product...yeah I have no conscience.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

• The title was changed to Minelab GPX 6000 Full Reveal In December
  • The title was changed to Minelab GPX 6000 Full Reveal In February 2021?
  • The topic was locked
  • This topic was unlocked and locked
  • The topic was unlocked