Minelab GPX 6000 Full Reveal In February 2021?

7 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

Apples and oranges - Bluetooth 5 has higher data transmission rates which just means it crams more audio information in the data stream resulting in better fidelity (not really an issue for detecting) but that does not have anything to do with latency (other than the processing time associated with the higher data compression needed which tends to INCREASE latency/delay).

But I totally agree with you that have a multitude of audio options/choices like they provided on Equinox is a good thing.

Aah yes I wondered whether it was latency they were talking about with 5.0 as being twice as fast. Audio sites still rated standard Bluetooth at ~100-300ms whereas aptx LL is ~32ms. 

Latency is unavoidable unfortunately - even wired headphones can have up to ~15ms.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Well that February 9 has arrived.

The odd thing is here we have a forum owned not by a dealer and yet you find all the excitement about the 6000 here. It’s three forums owned by Minelab dealers that I know of and yet you hear very little if not nothing about the 6000.

Who knows maybe sales are too high .ha

Chuck

No you didn’t Steve ! Where would all of us be if we didn’t have you to keep us informed.

That’s just your calling has changed.haha 

Chuck 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I posted this before but it probably got missed. That is not the real FCC site. The real FCC site has updated it's links including the manual, photos, etc, but the new links content aren't active yet for whatever reason, not sure if ML requested or because it just takes a while.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, jasong said:

I posted this before but it probably got missed. That is not the real FCC site. The real FCC site has updated it's links including the manual, photos, etc, but the new links content aren't active yet for whatever reason, not sure if ML requested or because it just takes a while.

Nope Jason, I've seen your posts. The mirror sites will probably propagate when those links go live. At least they are working on it, so stuff may appear soon - unless it does not! :laugh:

I'm sure everyone would love to see that manual.

• Like 3

GPX 6000 Manual released (it won't allow direct linking the manual so I switched the link back to the index page with the links for all documents)

Too many people click might crash the FCC site, no clue how much bandwidth they have.

Also photos of the internals and externals of the 6000 are now live.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3