Minelab GPX 6000 Full Reveal In February 2021?

I think Minelab may have learned from the GPZ & SDC - this isn't a replacement for them no but they have a number of "slide in" non harness type battery packs (all pre dating the added on battery case your talking about) that could be adapted to improve the GPX design which it appears they have done. Good on them - about time.

• Like 2

I am still curious if there is any technology edge with this new one, or just housing reconfiguration. Also curious to see how they will position it in the fleet, unless the 5000 has then a significant price drop.  At this upper price tag something has to be really new.

Or it would just be a more convenient and modern 5000?

• Like 2

Gold Catcher, Minelab doesn't put out detectors that are essentially the same as the previous model or two with a new shell. They have technology improvements they release when they see fit. What you are describing is what Garrett has a habit of doing, not Minelab.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Goldseeker5000 said:

Gold Catcher, Minelab doesn't put out detectors that are essentially the same as the previous model

I am a ML fan and own the GPZ, SDC and GM. I am just tying to build a case why I would want to buy the 6000 in addition. I am still hoping more ML-backed coil options will become available for the GPZ. If not, then I would go for alternative options (X-coils, NF) rather than buying another expansive detector just for coil versatility and modern configuration.

• Like 3

What I'm looking forward too with the 6000 is that it will help you from throwing out you silverware. I don't know about the rest of you but I try to pack light, and if I throw away my silverware after lunch in the bush, I have to eat dinner with my fingers. Good on you ML.  

• Haha 1

I suppose it depends if a new timing on the 6000 can produce any extra depth than FG or Enhance on the 5000 since the Normal timing across all previous PI models appears to produce similar depths.

• Like 2