Minelab GPX 6000 Full Reveal In February 2021?

Nothing in that manual enthralls me much at all ! These bits concern me :

" The GPX 17 Mono coil is the top choice for covering large areas of ground quickly and efficiently. It is the top performer when searching for large deep nuggets in less mineralised ground.  Like all monoloop coils, the GPX 17 Mono is susceptible to noise in conductive ground or when there are high levels of EMI " 

I thought this new u beaut super expensive machine was going to rid these problems, but seemingly no ! Less mineralised ? That wipes out most of Western Australia !

I saw no mention of threshold tone control either ????????

Rick

Short manual. So basically, after brief read of the manual some various things we mostly already knew -

• You can operate with or without a threshold. Manual sensitivity has threshold and Auto sensitivity has no threshold.
  • Ground balance is Auto. But there is a quick track button to adjust manual ground balance on the fly.
  • DD mode has a Salt Cancel feature which will be interesting in Northern Nevada and similar terrains
  • Noise cancel is only 5 seconds, significantly faster than the GPZ
  • Two ground modes - Normal and Difficult
  • Battery design looks much more robust and they got rid of the stupid breakable foot

There is a Coil Error, so it's likely there is coil authentication (aka - a chip). Coil waterproof to 1 meter. Detector is rain proof, not waterproof. Headphones not rainproof.

Looks like a well thought out, general purpose driven machine to me. That purpose may suit many, and might not suit others. Field performance reports are the big unknown left, and I hope they let JP talk about performance soon.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Wow, it has a quick-trak button! (unlike the early Gold Monsters... )

Also. We still don't know what exactly GeoSense is. :biggrin:

There are some weird grammatical things in the manual and highlighted things that indicate this isn't the final manual and a newer revision will be released with the machine. As well as some stuff left not filled in with placeholders (various notes, coil winding, etc).

I have 4 things specifically I'd be curious to test out before making any decisions on how good such a machine is -

• How that 2nd auto sensitivity mode works and how the no threshold thing feels since it's the most sensitive mode (is this GeoSense?)
  • How the DD Salt Cancel performs sensitivity wise
  • How good the performance in mono mode is on small/speci/crystalline/porous gold compared to the Z14 stock coil
  • Can you swing this all day without a bungee?
  • Like 4

Interesting. Looks like the 11 inch mono is the preferred to go coil with best sensitivity. The 14DD is more for troubleshooting situations and is stated to be (only) the second choice. Clearly very different to the GPZ, and more reaching into SDC territory from this preliminary look.

Another head scratcher:  how a preliminary draft manual got leaked for the world to see

1 hour ago, Gold Catcher said:

Another head scratcher:  how a preliminary draft manual got leaked for the world to see

Errr, because Minelab wanted it to be, just like the Arab Video LOL

Check this out. I just had another look at the photos. Notice anything strange?

image.thumb.png.0246e7b34772265e629d16a53bfce14c.png

Look at the coil.

The 6000 can use a DOD coil apparantly. It has a different connector though. They could be reusing the 14" housing for camo, but look closer, it's a custom housing with a new cable molded inlet and different support struts too, so that seems unlikely.

• Haha 1
  • Oh my! 1