Minelab GPX 6000 Full Reveal In February 2021?

Geosense appears to be  the software GB/gain/filtering (3 levels as mentioned in the literature) in conjunction with  the ground-grab & tracking system. I think it auto adjusts the pulse-train timings to allow the maximum punch and ground signal dissipation on-the-fly. A very fluid auto adjustment filter which would require a very high-end processor, since it needs to work hundreds of times per sweep in mineralized ground conditions.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AussieMatt said:

Automatic switching between timings to suit ground, EMI & sensitivity? 🤔

Well of course the GM 1000 has no timings, since it's VLF - that's where the comparison diverges - but according to what we know so far, there are 4 timings on the GPX 6000: Normal, Difficult, EMI cancel and Salt cancel, all of which are manually selected via buttons on the control panel. Nothing so far has indicated automatic switching of timings. But yes, it would be cool if there were other timings being utilized behind the scenes to compensate for changes in the detecting environment as they occur, certainly. Perhaps GeoSense runs multiple timings all at once, not unlike the multi-frequency tech of the Equinox. In any case, it will be interesting to find out just what makes the GPX 6000 work its magic.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The current GPX range is already essentially multi-frequency (MPS technologies transmit multiple frequencies). The timings have a mixture of long & short transmit “ON” periods.

With only 4 x main "timings" on the GPX6000 my thoughts are the current timings (& possibly new one/s) are put into these 4 i.e. Normal (Normal, Sharp, Sensitive Extra); Difficult (Enhance, Fine Gold, Sensitive Smooth); Salt (Salt Gold); DD (less aggressive in DD mode). I'm assuming GeoSense will be able to adjust automatically thru these depending on chosen timing + settings & feedback from ground + EMI. Wishful thinking?

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Lunk said:

Well of course the GM 1000 has no timings, since it's VLF - that's where the comparison diverges - but according to what we know so far, there are 4 timings on the GPX 6000: Normal, Difficult, EMI cancel and Salt cancel, all of which are manually selected via buttons on the control panel. Nothing so far has indicated automatic switching of timings. But yes, it would be cool if there were other timings being utilized behind the scenes to compensate for changes in the detecting environment as they occur, certainly. Perhaps GeoSense runs multiple timings all at once, not unlike the multi-frequency tech of the Equinox. In any case, it will be interesting to find out just what makes the GPX 6000 work its magic.

Lunk, great review of the 6000 design concepts, which will simplify the operators decisions while detecting. The 5000 has way too many adjustments that make the operator second guess their settings. We just want to find gold!😀

• Like 3

The 6000 will be at the Quartzsite Gold Show 12 - 14 Feb.  Someone needs to be there to ask questions.😀image.thumb.png.8b41b76e2826181f82c7b6b7e9a692f2.png

• Like 3

I will hit the Q show tomorrow and ask Debbie, the Minelab rep, if she knows what GeoSense is. I doubt she does, but if so, will she even be allowed to talk about it yet?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lunk said:

I will hit the Q show tomorrow and ask Debbie, the Minelab rep, if she knows what GeoSense is. I doubt she does, but if so, will she even allowed to talk about it yet?

Also ask about 17” mono coil availability for US.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cobill said:

Also ask about 17” mono coil availability for US.

I wonder how the 17 mono will perform in mineralized grounds. Most gold bearing grounds are mineralized, so probably not much of a competitor with the GPZ14. Perhaps more intended for African deserts?

GPX 17 Mono
The GPX 17 Mono coil is the top choice for covering large areas of ground quickly and
efficiently. It is the top performer when searching for large deep nuggets in less mineralised
ground.
Like all monoloop coils, the GPX 17 Mono is susceptible to noise in conductive ground or when
there are high levels of EMI.

As Aureous noted above, the only thing we've seen so far regarding Geo-Sense PI is that “it rapidly suppresses unwanted signals via three overlapping feedback systems for superfast detection of even the tiniest gold pieces.” Exactly what mechanisms these feedback systems employ may never be revealed by Minelab for proprietary reasons, just like they've never revealed the exact proportions of the Multi-IQ weighted frequencies used in the Equinox. Regardless, the fact that the GeoSense PI tech will allow us to detect difficult environments once thought undetectable, as indicated below, is all I need to know about it, as it will effectively open up new ground for prospecting. Happy days are here again! 🙂

BD3FBD84-05CC-4061-B03E-C8FE291DAFF3.thumb.jpeg.c497ffbd96b25d127fcebd46312ef034.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1