Minelab GPX 6000 Full Reveal In February 2021?

What about the "6 new detectors" thing though. I don't pay enough attention to all their releases and marketing in non-prospecting fields to know if that means there are some other new detectors being developed beyond the 6000, or everything is accounted for.

20 minutes ago, phrunt said:

there was also that mine detector coming out so that's likely one of them.

Don't forget the SilverSaver, even if we don't know what it's intended use/target audience is.

• Like 2

There is one market segment in recreational detectors that Minelab does not have a model to cover -  a PI beach machine for dry sand, wet sand and wading. Either the GPX6000 will have a beach mode(s) - much like Equinox 800 is primarily a coin/relic machine with a gold mode tacked on so GPX6000 will be gold machine with a beach  mode - all of a sudden you have two detectors in one and the very high price become easier to justify   or they will have a dedicated PI beach machine.

Im sure there is a Minelab white board somewhere with Fisher AQ Impulse written on it and a lot of brainstorming notes around it.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, AU_Solitude said:

So anyone else reading "an ease of use technology" as a push towards operation simplification? I mean, names can be misleading but I would have to think they are implying this GeoSense is some new version of automatic ground tracking, possibly combined with automatic tuning for ground conditions? An attempt to "idiot-proof" it similar to the SDC and Monster?

A GPX/SDC in one will be great (maybe not to those whom already own both). Given the teasers they have released thus far, and given the good machines in the market, I think this one is going to find a home around that $6,000 mark.

I'm hoping the "ease of use technology" is not a synonym for " limiting the technology" One reason I loved the 5000 over the ATX was the fact that I could adjust it for almost any environment.  If it's taking away a lot of control and presetting everything, then it's a no go for me.

• Like 1

Some detectors that Minelab has made 'sell themselves.'  I think this was the case for the 5000 and the 7000 in the last 10 years when I was buying detectors that were the best.  Others can tell me about the 2200 or 3000 that just didn't have any real competition.  You had to have it to keep up with your fellow detectorists or be ahead of them.

Some detectors need a lot of dealer help.  I would say the 2300 and Gold Monster are a highly dealer driven sale for the right customer.  I think this 6000 will be the same way.  It won't be something that will change the industry but it will combine knowledge and technology not available when these other detectors were designed.  

The 7000 still has no real peer.  They are keeping it that way for now.

• Like 5

• The topic was locked
  • This topic was unlocked and locked
  • The topic was unlocked

I see the release date on the documents has been changed again to 9/2/21 🙁

I’m looking forward to getting one, have never been disappointed with any new Minelab detector and can’t see this one being any different.

Edit- after thinking about it I do have a serious dislike for the gpx4000, one dud isn’t a bad strike rate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Trent King said:

I’m looking forward to getting one, have never been disappointed with any new Minelab detector and can’t see this one being any different.

Well that's a bummer ! I was hoping this new machine would well and truly be on the market and reports coming in before the next detecting season in WA.

That looks unlikely now ! Thanks for the update.

Rick

• Like 1

I suspect I`ll join you Trent and get a 6000 too, I`ve never had a disappointing Minelab detector touch wood.😉 come to think of it any brand detector. Got something out of all.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Trent King said:

Well that sucks. I for some reason thought a single extension would be it. But apparently they can keep requesting extensions, so who knows how long this could go on.

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Minelab GPX 6000 Full Reveal In February 2021?