Minelab GPX 6000 Full Reveal In February 2021?

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Wish.thumb.jpg.e1dce9eef5a1a2b6e34e7b6ab8b3dd17.jpg

Features:

It is universal and very easy to use.

Two modes of operation,all metal mode, recognition mode.

Adjust the speaker and headphone volume for volume adjustment. Adjustable rod,you can adjust the length.

Waterproof probe which can use metal detectors in shallow water.

Through your detector, everywhere you can explore the coins, jewelry, gold and silver.

Description:

Perfect search engine on the beach, old castles, old battlegrounds, forests and fields and farmlands.

Professional metal detector that can be used to locate valuable metal such as silver and gold from iron relics, coins and household items.

It is also suitable for high speed cable detecting in walls, ceilings and floors, with both electrical and water pipes can be located precisely.

Specification:

Model: MD4030 Color: Black

Item Size: 550*230*85mm Power: 2 9V x (6F22) Frequency: 5KHz

Current: static: 10mA Max: 70mA

Voltage: 7.2-9.6V

Sensitivity: US 25 Cent: 130mm

Display Mode: mechanical pointer mode Expansion length: 30.7-42.1 inches Detecting disk diameter: 6.5 inches

Model: MD3010 Material: plastic Color: yellow Size: 43*13*20CM Description:

Battery: 6*AA laminated cell(NOT included) Current: standby~65mA MAX ~150mA Operating voltage: 7.1 ~ 9.6V

Signal frequency: 7.5KHz+/-1KHz Working environment: -20 ~ 60¡æ Depth of detection: 1-1.5M

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

There is a Free Trade Agreement between Australia and USA so if the AQ is being made in the USA  no import duty would apply just the normal 10% GST (Goods and Services Tax) which also applies to Minelab products. Any price differences between USA and Australia for non Minelab products is usually down to small volumes being sold through a small distributor who has larger margins than their US counterparts in order to survive. Based on my observations I would guess 80% + of the market in Australia is Minelab.

If Fisher Labs want to keep the price down in Australia and gain some market share they should allow direct individual/personal imports from a large USA distributor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It looks Minelab requested a delay in the release of the user manual and test photos until Dec 18, 2020 -  "ensuring that business sensitive information remains confidential until the actual marketing of newly authorized devices"

So maybe an October release is a little early. 

I don't want to direct link a .pdf, so here is the website with the request for revised confidentiality letter from which I quoted above. Minelab sent that letter the day after the FCC material was posted here on the forum, wonder if they read this and went "oops"...

On 8/16/2020 at 5:53 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

The article at the link set a low bar at 4 lbs and US$2000 but my internal limit is more like “no more than 5 lbs, no more than $3000

G'day Steve, would the QEDs meet your criteria? I've been looking for a cheap but reliable PI detector since I've moved further afield from Magnetic Island.. for the past month I've been looking in the catchments of the Closhey River, Barron River, Musgrave River and Davies Creek in Northern Queensland.. I based my searches on the location of known gold mines..

I'm ready to make the big leap from my Equinox 600 and Chinese Gold Bug Pro, both of which indicated gold in one small patch along the Barron River (the Nox consistently read 01 to 02 and the GBP 39-40-41).. my son panned the soil that i dug up (we couldn't see anything by eye) and he got two tiny little flakes.. I don't have any photos to prove this, you only have my word.. the truth is that we lost the bloody things on the way back.. we didn't have anything to put such little pieces in so he knotted them in the corner of his shirt.. I changed his mind about this halfway back down the river and told him to carry them in his mouth.. in the confusion he lost the only pieces of gold I've had a hand in finding.. but at least now we know where to take a PI detector.. 

Anyway back to the point, I've heard quite a bit about how good QED detectors are on hot ground, which all these river catchments were.. Are they as widely used in the USA? Can you form an opinion about these detectors one way or another? Thanks for your advice..    

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Erik Oostra said:

G'day Steve, would the QEDs meet your criteria?

Anyway back to the point, I've heard quite a bit about how good QED detectors are on hot ground, which all these river catchments were.. Are they as widely used in the USA? Can you form an opinion about these detectors one way or another? Thanks for your advice..    

I do get into it all including the QED in the aforementioned thread on inexpensive PI detectors. The only reason I don’t have a QED is they have no U.S. dealers or service. My opinion about the machine is based on every forum QED post. You can read them also and come to your own conclusions. It appears to be a very decent detector at a great price. Maybe a couple quirks, but all machines have those. It honestly has been a sort of work in progress moving target for several years, so partly I have been waiting for the design to settle down. While I’ve done that, other detectors that do have U.S. service and support have come into view, and I decided to wait preferentially on those. I have an Impulse AQ right now and like what I’m seeing, so I’m more than happy to wait and see what the nugget version does. And now with the GPX 6000 right around the corner... I’d sure want to know what it sells for before going with anything else. I’m hoping the AUS$8000 is not correct and that it ends up selling for less. If not, I’m pretty sure the Impulse Gold is going to fill the bill for me. If not either of those... there is the QED. :smile:

• Like 6

Taken from todays Codan (Minelab) stock exchange report for financial year ending 30th june 2020. Im assuming they are referring to the GPX6000.

"DuringFY21, Minelab will introduce a new gold detector, which will include the best features from both the SDC 2300®and GPX platforms"

So FY21 ends 30th June 2021 therefore we can expect product launch before 30th June. My guess is March 2021 - just before everyone heads over to Western Australian gold fields for the cooler months.

Best Feature of SDC - very robust, deadly on small gold, compact, water proof.

Best Feature of GPX - very stable in high mineral soils, can easily swap with wide range of coils to suit conditions, easy to swing.

Add blue tooth headphones (and maybe some new Geo Sense -PI (what ever that is)) and presto you have the GPX 6000. 

• Like 2

Maybe they have worked out the coil water proofing - add a high salt / beach mode and you have a competitor to FL  AQ.

• Like 1

Not sure how excited I am about this release unless they make the machine considerably lighter--I'm with Steve on that issue--but of course I'll have a look at it when it comes out to see exactly what any serious advantages might be.

I'm fast falling in love with using the new generation of lightweight VLF's to first check the ground, then unlimber the heavy Minelab to get the deeper stuff afterward, but I'm not in love with swinging a heavy beast all day just because. In fact, if the competition comes out with a great new machine that's going to be close to or equal to what the 6000 supposedly will do, I'm seriously considering that as a go-to option.

All the best,

Lanny

• Like 6

Certainly the lightweight Equinox has increased the fun in detecting for me.

I spoke to a senior person in Minelab about 16 months ago - I'm sure they have the message loud and clear with regards to the weight issue of the GPZ from their market surveys, so i would be very surprised if the GPX6000 is a heavy weight.

I suppose Im biased towards Minelab as their head office is about 10 minutes from my place - any repairs i can just drop  off and pick up in a few days so it is very convenient for me. They are having great success (and profits) at the moment so I  think their business model of continuously plowing back a percentage of profits into R&D is going to see continuing innovations.

The reason the 7000 weighs as much as it does and looks like it does is because ML built a machine to the specifications of what detectorists asked for on the majority of forums.

Battery on the machine, screen, wireless, GPS etc etc… they even told them what they were willing to pay for it. 

We get exactly what we ask for then complain because they listened and delivered, and we also still accuse them of not listening??

Despite its weight and ergonomics, it's a brilliant machine and you adapt as you do with any machine. I myself have no problems swinging it all day, day in and day out.

Sometimes though I think I must be the only bloke on the planet who didn't mind the GPX platform with a battery on the back and being attached with a battery cable.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Minelab GPX 6000 Full Reveal In December
  • The title was changed to Minelab GPX 6000 Full Reveal In February 2021?
  • The topic was locked
  • This topic was unlocked and locked
  • The topic was unlocked