4 hours ago, Bill (S. CA) said:

Nice one, Joe.  I never get bored seeing you bring these rings back to the surface after so many years.  Keep it up!

By the way, I also miss that certain Ring Daddy page.  Would love to see it come back somewhere someday.

Bill

Thanks Bill! Yes, I miss the ring daddy also. It really keep me jumping and keeping all of my hunts organized. For awhile I just took a couple of pictures and put them in one big folder..2020..But recently I got back to keeping all organized. Yes, be nice but I like Steve's forum here also...Nice and clean..

4 hours ago, GaryC/Oregon Coast said:

I bet that broke up a budding romance!  That's a nice one!   GaryC/Oregon Coast

Thanks Gary! Yes, had to be a interesting ride home.. 😞

On 8/14/2020 at 5:35 PM, King-Of-Bling said:

Forget the ring. More impressive is the somewhat intact 65 year old band-aid. You will now be known as a KOB II. (King Of Bandaids).

Or you can be the 1st Bandaid Daddy !

Thanks Buddy! I have had a few in the last 7 years, one even had green yarn. But the bandaid seems to had been the thing to do...see if I can find the picture of the green yarn one..

Ok while looking for the (green yarn) I found a few more, most bandaid sizers..but also a legit real gold sizer which I sold..for a good amount of money ..

Looks like your right, I am a KOB also.. 🙂

315865_1.jpg

RD91.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Great job.

You'll have to add up the total gold.  Just the facts (gold) mam.  How many ounces so far?

Thanks MN90403!! You know I weight up some in April and I was at 8 oz's and that has been a while. But I do have a picture of the end of year 2019.. I don't think this year will be as good for I have cut back on my hunting since the virus thing...and I've got lazy with the Ring daddy closing. Here is 2019..

21  2019.jpg

• Like 7

Hey. I think I recognize one of those rings. 😂 Nice pile for sure!

• Like 1

👀

20 hours ago, okara gold said:

Hey Joe... Why isn't the AQ desirable in rough water? Lately I've been using the Excalibur in pinpoint mode in all kinds of surf and it isn't noisy or troubled at all. I like how unaffected it is in those conditions. Thanks! Bob

Thanks Okara...Several reason on using the Excalibur...and not the AQ...First would be the AQ is noisy in rough water..and I'm not sure what your running but my excalibur is also. I do run it Hot...sensitivity at 9 most of the time..And ..I did turn it back to 10 yesterday. ...(PP)..Even set at ten yesterday I would get a false at the end of the swing right. So imagine the AQ the same but louder...(and I'm not say more but the same, but x2 louder).....A big thing also I am shoulder to chin deep...I struggle digging deep targets even with the excalibur and I am not one to walk away from a target...I am afraid if I take the AQ I may not be able to get to some targets..then I'm pissed....I went back to the same place today...and just drove past..too much for both machines..White caps and 18 mph waves...But good tides are coming and the AQ will get more callings for I'll feel better about getting deep..

And there are other reasons but my best judgement is based on the machine I feel I know best and what I know about the AQ....then which is going to give me the best chance of finding gold in the coditions present.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mikeguard01 said:

WTG Pirate nice one. I wouldn't want to swallow any of that water after these rains.  I need to get out, it's been too long. Come on fall.

Did you save any of those Ring Daddy top five spots. I had them somewhere, but can't find them.

HH

Mike``

Thanks Mike! Yes it was just one of those days where all of the targets were just beyond my reach..I saved tons of the depot stuff to PDF files...Not sure what I'll do with it but maybe some good reading someday when I can't get out..Be Safe buddy, Fall is coming..

• Like 2

That is a nice ring with some heft to it.The big lake was a little choppy today so I hunted in   close where the currents  were moving  at a good pace. I got a .71 gram thin ring that barely fits on my pinky with a heart shape clear stone at 10k.What would you call these rings? little sissy.It brings me  at 12  for the year.I got a silver earring with small stones too.I am   beat from hunting in these conditions but it was satisfying getting gold even if they are dinky.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

A big thing also I am shoulder to chin deep...I struggle digging deep targets even with the excalibur and I am not one to walk away from a target...I am afraid if I take the AQ I may not be able to get to some targets..then I'm pissed

Boy do I feel that! Come on fall and winter NNW winds!

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Dances With Doves said:

That is a nice ring with some heft to it.The big lake was a little choppy today so I hunted in   close where the currents  were moving  at a good pace. I got a .71 gram thin ring that barely fits on my pinky with a heart shape clear stone at 10k.What would you call these rings? little sissy.It brings me  at 12  for the year.I got a silver earring with small stones too.I am   beat from hunting in these conditions but it was satisfying getting gold even if they are dinky.

Thank You! 

Small or Big .....either makes the ride home much easier. And never cut yourself short by comparing to others, everyone hunts different locations which will yeld different results...Finding that little ring tells me you don't miss much, which makes for a very good hunter. 

• Thanks 1