Some New Threads Showing Up After The Fact

22 minutes ago, The Seeker said:

On a side note why is it that today was the first time I saw all these new posts (they are old but new to me) and I check the forum daily

Same here! I was pleasantly surprised to see this thread, Jim Pugh's thread and Clive's first gold thread and wondering why I had not seen them before.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Seeker said:

On a side note why is it that today was the first time I saw all these new posts (they are old but new to me) and I check the forum daily 🤔

I had a private “owners only” forum going to get into what I thought might turn into something a little meatier than proved to be the case. It was intended as maybe a feedback/collaboration area direct to Fisher engineers. But most of the threads simply mirrored the ones on this forum. No doubt there being way less than the 60 owners I expected by now has something to do with it not really developing as envisioned. Long story short I deleted half of what was there and moved the rest here, and shut it down. It was always to be a short run thing... just turned out very short. :smile:  Nice to know you guys are paying attention!

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I had a private “owners only” forum going to get into what I thought might turn into something a little meatier than proved to be the case. It was intended as maybe a feedback/collaboration area direct to Fisher engineers. But most of the threads simply mirrored the ones on this forum. No doubt there being way less than the 60 owners I expected by now has something to do with it not really developing as envisioned. Long story short I deleted half of what was there and moved the rest here, and shut it down. It was always to be a short run thing... just turned out very short. :smile:  Nice to know you guys are paying attention!

I was wondering what had happened with very little being discussed about the machine. Actually started to think there were major problems with it and doubt started to creep into my thought process about potential ownership. Much relieved seeing the new older threads.

Cliff

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cdv said:

I was wondering what had happened with very little being discussed about the machine. Actually started to think there were major problems with it and doubt started to creep into my thought process about potential ownership. Much relieved seeing the new older threads.

Cliff

The reason discussion died out is First Texas is barely dribbling a few detectors out the door. There are no major problems with the machine. If there was, I’d tell you. It’s a PI, it beeps, it finds stuff. The battery system is a miss and is being redesigned as we speak. Unless anyone is in a big rush, at this rate you may as well wait for the finished version. That pretty much sums it up.

fisher-impulse-aq-discriminating-pulse-induction-jewelry-metal-detector.jpg

• Like 4
  • Oh my! 1

5 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

The reason discussion died out is First Texas is barely dribbling a few detectors out the door. There are no major problems with the machine. If there was, I’d tell you. It’s a PI, it beeps, it finds stuff. The battery system is a miss and is being redesigned as we speak. Unless anyone is in a big rush, at this rate may as well wait for the finished version. That pretty much sums it up.

Hi steve!

Do you mean it is possible to buy one if the buyer lives in europe right now?or do I get that wrong?

13 minutes ago, PPP said:

Hi steve!

Do you mean it is possible to buy one if the buyer lives in europe right now?or do I get that wrong?

No, nothing has changed at all. There will be none for sale outside the U.S. until the final battery revised version is completed. Rules regarding batteries and lack of certification prevent the current model from being sold outside the U.S.

• Thanks 1

I just learned the secret handshake to get in the club, and now the club closed down!

• Haha 3