First Hunt With The Impulse AQ .. 14k Gold Band.. Anonymous User

Posting for a "AQ" owner who would like to remain anonymous for now. Hunts on the East coast of the USA. Saltwater.......First time out with his new machine.

Got a 14k today. Ran smooth except in front of one area that has a lot of emi. Keep the coil under water there not bad at all. I could run 7 u's no problem but preferred 9. Battery lasted 3 hrs 5 mins. All metal and Tones mods used.
7 nickels 8 pennies 2 ear rings 1 Bobbie pin 1 swivel 1 paper clip 1/2 spoon some brass 1 14k 1 tiny tiny brass piece of fish hook 7 u's two full scoops deep so I say 10 to 12 inches. 3 caps fooled me.

I can't answer questions on this hunt but just goes to show his experience with the beach's he hunts and with a Pi shows.

21aa.jpg

21b.jpg

• Like 7

Looks like he had a really good first time out with the machine Joe. Nice he could hunt with those settings as I saw there is at least one user that is having problems with the AQ being chatty with those kind of settings.  

Did I miss the trick with moving the scoop near the coil to change the target sounds, care to elaborate on the procedure?

Cliff

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cdv said:

Looks like he had a really good first time out with the machine Joe. Nice he could hunt with those settings as I saw there is at least one user that is having problems with the AQ being chatty with those kind of settings.  

Did I miss the trick with moving the scoop near the coil to change the target sounds, care to elaborate on the procedure?

Cliff

I'm not sure on that trick. I know he is on this forum and will read. Maybe he will send me the recipe on how to. 

And yes on Deb, hopefully she will post on here her experince with the AQ for she hunts in the same area as you and Dew I believe.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to First Hunt With The Impulse Aq.. 14k Gold Band.. Anonymous User
1 hour ago, cdv said:

Cliff

cjc explained this trick in his “pulse hunting basics and the impulse AQ”

OBN- congrats to your friend on finding gold on his first outing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• The title was changed to First Hunt With The Impulse AQ .. 14k Gold Band.. Anonymous User
1 hour ago, Rick Kempf said:

No customer has two that I know of - of course two owners could get together but I am not aware that they have done that yet.

Willy can chime in as to what the “Impulse Team” has done in that regard

Just use different pulse frequencies between the two users.

• Like 1