Ace Apex Production Announcement

2 hours ago, phrunt said:

I can't agree there, I just can't.  If the Vanquish had a 100 point ID instead of getting ID's between say 20 and 23 with it mostly favoring on 21 (the correct id) it may get ID's between 19 and 24 on a coin for example but still favoring 21, also the detectors I've got with 99 ID numbers, like the T2 with it's 99 ID's having 54 of them as hotrock/iron so it only has 45 ID's above iron.... 5 more than the Equinox and I can honestly say the Equinox blows the T2 away for accurate ID's. 

Actually, it sounds like you may be agreeing with me more than you know but semantics are getting in the way and perhaps I overplayed my hand with the Vanquish vs. Apex statement.  I never said the Multi IQ machines were not ACCURATE, I said the 50 segment ID tended to improve STABILITY which might otherwise suffer from a larger range of IDs (i.e., more RESOLUTION).  A lot of folks clamor for more ID segments and complain about the Nox 50-segments.  I say, leave it at 50 segments because I would rather have the ID stability to go along with the accuracy.  Accuracy and Stability are two different things.  You illustrated it in your example.  A 21 ID target could register between 20 and 23 OR 19 and 24 perhaps with more segments, the average TID of 21 is the same (ACCURATE) but the latter example showed worse variation in ID (STABILITY).  Single Frequency ID accuracy on Equinox suffers (e.g., 4 khz up averages) but tends to be pretty stable at greater depth than the MF IDs which tend to break up from a stability standpoint but still hover around an accurate average TID unless multiple targets are involved.  That was the only point I was making.  My Deus 00 to 99 target ID range drives me nuts because it is rarely stable for targets at depth.  It doesn't matter to me that much though because I hunt with Deus mainly by audio and visual TID is a backup.  It is just the opposite for me with Equinox because the audio modulation and nuances are not as pronounced as on the Deus, therefore, there is more reliance on the visual Target ID.

Continued on next post....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

I don't know if other people experience what I do but for me IDing a coin in my soil is absolutely simple with Multi-IQ, depth does not seem to change the equation, the ID's don't get much worse with depth, the signal strength does.

That is probably where our respective experiences diverge.  I see more variation in ID at depth with MF than I do with SF on the Nox.

Like I said in my original post, that is just my experience and is not a universal truth.  It may have something to do with the greater amount of mineralization I am dealing with here vs. your home turf, Simon.

13 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Multi has a clear advantage on a saltwater beach. Typically more solid target id. That could be about it for this version. Just because you want a $424 detector to have cutting edge flagship performance that makes hunted out parks come alive does not mean it will happen. There are high performing single frequency and lower performing single frequency, at higher and lower prices. Same thing is going to happen now with multifrequency. Higher price, higher performing models, and lower price, lower performing models. Which do you want to bet this is?

honestly don't know as i.like others have to wait until honest,truthfull results are at hand. i can say this, the vanquish is turning a lot of heads with it's performance in "junked parks",and it IS "short money" right out of the gate! apparently loves deep nickels.

(h.h.!)
j.t.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jmaryt said:

honestly don't know as i.like others have to wait until honest,truthfull results are at hand. i can say this, the vanquish is turning a lot of heads with it's performance in "junked parks",and it IS "short money" right out of the gate! apparently loves deep nickels.

(h.h.!)
j.t.

The Vanquish models are really good on silver too, shallow or deep. They also really hate crown bottle caps. With Iron discriminated out, the only crown bottle caps I dig are the ones with aluminum foil on the top of the cap........

• Like 2

Am really liking the combination of the large screen and S-bend shaft on the Apex, I wish the Equinox had another option other than the straight shaft (say similar to the Vanquish shaft).  Just worried that pricing here is Australia will put the Apex smack bang into Equinox 600/800 territory considering the Ace 400i is currently priced around $725 AU.  The Apex hasn't appeared on Garrett Australia's website as yet, so might be in for a bit of a wait.

They mention the Apex is well balanced with the smaller Viper coil attached, might start getting a bit nose heavy once the larger coil options come online (as would be expected with the S-bend shaft). The previous Ace series coils weren't exactly the lightest coils in the world, hopefully the larger Apex coils have had a bit of a diet or they simply offer coils from NEL/CORs.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, jmaryt said:

just bought a 540 pro-pack for just over 4 bills (new), incredible value......

Not really news on the Vanquish if you hang out on Minelab Forum. But since this is the Garrett Forum let’s try and keep things here focused on the Apex or at least the Garrett brand.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jmaryt said:

just bought a 540 pro-pack for just over 4 bills (new), incredible value compared to an eq600,or 800!
i got both coils, wireless,rechargeable batts, coil covers, and bonnet.what's not to like?
also, the guy "instrumental" in bringing the vanquish forward claims its almost a "'dead nuts"
match (performance wise) to the eq600,or the 800.time will tell, but could be an "outrageous"
sleeper compared to either ,or both eq's.he calls it the "equinox 540"  no bullshit! 

(h.h.!)

j.t.

Sorry Steve, I got carried away with Vanquish/Equinox/Apex/Simplex comparisons. I sure hope the Apex is as good or better as a detector than the Vanquish. That will be really something. JT, somebody was definitely feeding you some bull. Enjoy your Vanquish 540 however.

Vanquish! Bah, Humbug!! Those at the Apex will look down on those who have been “Vanquished.” Wishing you had twice the target id range, but stuck with your measly 50? Maybe ground balance would have been nice today, hmmmm? Oh, oh, maybe some sprinkles... better run and get that rain cover! And best of all - Apex is not red!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Long live competition among the detector companies!

I sure hope the Apex gives the others, a run for their money! And Garrett should be hotly working on the next iteration!!👍👍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Vanquish! Bah, Humbug!! Those at the Apex will look down on those who have been “Vanquished.” Wishing you had twice the target id range, but stuck with your measly 50? Maybe ground balance would have been nice today, hmmmm? Oh, oh, maybe some sprinkles... better run and get that rain cover! And best of all - Apex is not red!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

:laugh: Yep, my paper comparisons have shown little overall advantage between Apex and Vanquish.  Frankly, though, I'm a battleship gray person, so bright yellow or bright red makes me think I am grabbing a toy out of the toy box in kindergarten.

• Haha 1