Ace Apex Production Announcement

Chase,

The next one's going to be hot♨️pink!!

I think they are going to call  it the Phrunt Pinky Pro!!   (AT Triple P)! And a "limited edition" glow in the dark, pink coil!!😂🤣

👍👍

• Haha 1

On 8/21/2020 at 2:29 PM, phrunt said:

It is a shame Garrett think over 20kHz is just fluff, If they were to make a high end detector based off the new multi frequency technology they've incorporated into the Apex at 40kHz or higher it could well be a good prospecting VLF.   At least coils like the Nel Snake will end up being available for it which would really give something that Minelab and their Equinox are missing.   If they get the MF detector right having the ability to run aftermarket coils may end up being what pulls their product in front of the Vanquish for the Apex and AT MF for the Equinox.  I really hope they've got a good product in the Apex and they've somehow pulled a rabbit out of their hat with the MF technology.

You never know, might be a future release for an Apex Gold or AT Gold MF with a higher frequency and threshold based all-metal mode to replace the ageing AT Gold.  Plenty of scope for an assortment of new MF based models.  I honestly didn't expect to see MF from Garrett, was simply presuming that selectable frequencies was going to be the next upgrade on the cards for their mid to higher end detectors.

Also have to question whether frequencies can be added or changed after the fact if the demand warrants it, or are they simply saving HF's for future releases (or not at all).  Considering there is now plenty of evidence out there on the advantages on the use of HF's on iron contaminated sites, it should be seriously considered by Garrett as an addition other than for just prospecting duties, not to mention also for targeting thin mid to low conductivity coins in the UK/Europe market.

Kind of puts Fisher in a hard position going forward for any future releases - how to counter a MF competitor in the US domestic market.  Probably a case of too little, too late if nothing is currently in the pipeline.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

My 13 kHz - 19 kHz detectors found many ounces of gold. There is nothing wrong with 20 kHz. It may not get Gold Bug 2 type bits, but no reason it can’t do well.

20 khz is also a great relic hunting frequency as most relics are mid conductors like brass and lead and gives the best trade wrt depth vs. 40 khz.  Nice to have the option, but on an Ace level detector am thankful they are at least providing 20 khz as a Single Frequency option on Apex.

• Like 2

Found quite a bit of jewelry with my Tejon that is 17.5 khz?

I would like to see a new AT mf with 10, 20, 30 & 40 khz with an all metal option.

On 8/17/2020 at 8:13 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

The price without headphones is $424.96 and with wireless headphones $492.96.

Garrett Ace Apex Data & Reviews

garrett-ace-apex-metal-detector.jpg

Steve are their wireless headphones proprietary or are they doing BT like Minelab?

I'll likely skip the Ace Apex, but when their AT Pro SMF machine comes out, I'll definitely be keeping an eye on it.  I'd imagine about the time Garrett's AT Pro SMF machine comes out that Nokta's SMF machine will also be at least announced, probably some time next year.  Interesting times ahead!

• Like 1

Simon,

You know you can buy covers for most any detector if the color is "dog nuts"😂 objectionable! Also, a can of spray paint can fix any color!  Maybe chrome color! That way it will look to everyone looking at it, almost invisible!👀👍👍

• Haha 1