$215 Aluminum Duck Bracelete

That is what my friend got for a 1934 biological survey duck band 15 years ago.    That is  for less then  a  gram of aluminum. I have found 4 of those old ones on land with my machine  plus 2 more modern ones  in the water  .I even got a goose band from the 90's on a river bank. I called the goose  one in and  got a paper with the history of the bird of where it was banded and when and where I found it  .I called in one of the more modern duck ones I found in the water and they only give you info online now.I even got 4 hunting with a gun and one was banded in Maryland by the big bay and was taken  (A very old  bluebill) at  a pass shooting spot between Lake Ontario and the St.Lawrence river on a grassy   hill. I even called the old ones in and they could not find  any info. Metal detecting is like a box of chocolate and you never know what you  will get.

• Like 4

If I remember correctly, I think I've found three bands over the years. One goose and two ducks. They were checked on line and were not decades old. I entered where I found them. I think it asked whether the bird was found live or deceased and I entered deceased. I has been a few years since I've found one.

I think I've dug a few but I hate to say the went into the junk pile and maybe the trash. You will have to post a picture...seems they are like a small band... crimped ?

• Oh my! 1

28 minutes ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

I think I've dug a few but I hate to say the went into the junk pile and maybe the trash. You will have to post a picture...seems they are like a small band... crimped ?

Just google duck bands on ebay and you will see  a ton of different ones.You  learn  something everyday.Should be a lot of bands in your bay. Next time you find one you can put it  around your neck like the duck hunter do.They put it on the lanyard of their duck calls.Your AQ seems to be calling in a lot of gold for you.

• Like 1

I have only found a few detecting, but I have about 10 from hunting. Two of the were too worn to get any info off them. Waterfowl numbers are down and they keep reducing the bag limits, it's hardly worth going anymore. I have a pic somewhere of a double banded mallard in a non hunting area. Those had the money bands.

Mike