Minelab Vanquish 540 Frequency Question

Picked one  of these up yesterday. So far it seems to be pretty sturdy and well made. 

My question is this.....multi iq thing 

I know it runs in multiple frequencies.....but what frequencies is it running on??

Cannot find anything about it 

Hh Tim

• Like 1

When it comes to which frequencies are being processed and exactly how they are being processed you are talking the secret sauce. Frequencies transmitted is a red herring. Only frequencies received and processed matter. Single frequency options, when they exist, don’t necessarily have any bearing on what’s going on with multifrequency. They are separate things. Hints abound, speculation galore... but nobody outside Minelab knows 100% for sure.

Minelab is still in business. Whites, who told us something about what frequencies were being used right on the DFX and V3i display screens isn't. Which of the two had/has a better business model...............Maybe that is why we won't know the truth until someone hacks an Equinox or Vanquish and lives to tell us the answer. Until then, maybe somewhere between 4 kHz and 40 kHz????????

2 hours ago, bigtim1973 said:

Picked one  of these up yesterday. So far it seems to be pretty sturdy and well made. 

My question is this.....multi iq thing 

I know it runs in multiple frequencies.....but what frequencies is it running on??

Cannot find anything about it 

Hh Tim

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

When it comes to which frequencies are being processed and exactly how they are being processed you are talking the secret sauce. Frequencies transmitted is a red herring. Only frequencies received and processed matter. Single frequency options, when they exist, don’t necessarily have any bearing on what’s going on with multifrequency. They are separate things. Hints abound, speculation galore... but nobody outside Minelab knows 100% for sure.

32 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Minelab is still in business. Whites, who told us something about what frequencies were being used right on the DFX and V3i display screens isn't. Which of the two had/has a better business model...............Maybe that is why we won't know the truth until someone hacks an Equinox or Vanquish and lives to tell us the answer. Until then, maybe somewhere between 4 kHz and 40 kHz????????

Again, as Steve mentioned and as I laid out in excruciating detail here with respect to the latest 4 khz SF update to the Equinox, it really doesn't matter what or how many INDIVIDUAL frequencies are combined in ML's simulataneous multifrequency Multi IQ scheme, what really matters is how ML uses, processes, and interprets the resulting target and ground feeback signals - and of course that is a very complex software approach that ML won't tell us about even if we COULD understand it.  But if you still really must know what the frequencies are likely used based on signal analyzer measurements, again see my linked post here.  It likely won't be all that informative.

• Like 1

This little cartoon with flashlights really did not answer anything about my inquiry either. But what the heck....here it is for those of you who have not watched it.

• 2 years later...