Look At This Sexy Wheatie -1941 S

Nicest wheat penny I've found so far.

Found it in my cousin's yard, which used to be my uncle's yard, and has been a residence going back to at least 1874.  Farm country in southeast Minnesota.

The soil at this place is definitely more friendly to copper than other places I've found wheats that are so green you have to nearly destroy them just to read the year.  I found a 1919 Wheatie here a few weeks ago.  That one cleaned up easily too, but wasn't quite as pretty as this one.  

Minimal cleanup, and I present it for your viewing pleasure.  Just don't touch it.

1941 S Wheat Penny front 02 Best Wheatie Yet.jpg

1941 S Wheat Penny reverse 02 Best Wheatie Yet.jpg

• Like 3

That one wasn't in circulation long.  Look at the strength of the strike in the left hand wheat stalk.  Very nice!

• Like 1

"strength of the strike"

I like that.  Coin jargon.

Under a magnifier there is definition between the fine, vertical lines above the wheat also.

It was a pleasant coin to find.  I like finding pleasant coins.

Problem is, my cousin has a dog.  Handsome blonde lab named Jonesy.  He's a happy, friendly critter, almost white but kinda creamy colored.  The area I was hunting in has a constant aroma of dog dung.  Came within inches of planting my knee into some a few times.  (I found half a dozen clad, an old watch chain, the hammer of a toy gun, and some other crap on this hunt).

There is also a building near where I was hunting that's always been called "the woodshed".  There was a mighty stink coming from that building.  I suspect it's a dead cat.  They have a lot of cats around there.  Most of them are alive, but apparently not all of them.  After I left I could TASTE a mixture of dog dung and dead animal.  It took strong, IPA beer to get rid of that taste.

I will go back though.  The place has a long history, and there has to be at least one silver someplace.

• Like 4
  • Oh my! 2

Ahhh, the things we will endure for the sake of the hunt! 

May i suggest a little vicks ointment under the nose next time!! Works great!! Trust me, i know from experience!!😷 💩🙀 🤣

👍👍

• Like 1