Day 3..day 6 Added........ Anonymous (carolina) Fisher AQ Hunter...14k Chain!

His words...

Not a single coin today. The caps should not have been there. Things are moving now I guess.

Ozark trail knife in good shape. Four other Hunters there. No gold for them. Times are tough. Chain is 14k...

117970339_1019848161775812_6134520959616374881_n.jpg

118009775_307574310578413_8506765209585289597_n.jpg

• Like 9

Could you ask if anonymous could tell if the chain was balled up? That has the look of the thin weave or possibly a hollow weave chain that are not easy to hit, or even to hit at all. Excellent recovery.

And I love the knife too!

• Like 3

Nice chain. I like knife.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Carolina said:

The chain had a knot the size of a marble so I assumed that is what responded. I now believe I made a rookie mistake. No matter what I do now I can not get the chain to ping anywhere on the coil. 7u’s nothing. I believe now the medallion or cross was in the hole and in my excitement I left the hole and medallion.  I will always scan the area again when I find an empty chain before I back out of the surf. Kinda sick now !

Welcome back from anonymity!

Could have been the knot. I've had a couple of knotted chains that dropped back on the sand, the detector still saw them. After getting home and un-knotting I couldn't get even a little hiss or threshold rise out of even when re-knotting ... and I know that feeling of ... maybe there was more there. Very nice piece of gold in any case!

Wife and I were in your neck of the woods this past third week of June. Robbed the bay side water of a nice little bit of gold ... a thin 14K size 7 ring. Wife has now claimed it.

Again, thank you for the reports on the AQ!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• The title was changed to Day 3....... Anonymous Fisher AQ Hunter...14k Chain!

Day 4 of anonymous with AQ was a rest day.

Day 5 of anonymous with AQ, targets far and few between. Rough surf prevented getting down deep in the wash. Volume 8, sensitivity 4, threshold 4, ATS 8 1/2, reject 4, delay 8. A little chatter but no problem picking out targets. Tungsten carbide  and mood ring was the best of it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Nice reports Carolina and congrats on the gold. I’ll bet you’ll be showing us plenty more. Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

• Like 1

Day six for anonymous was a lot better than day five. Basically the same settings as before volume 8, sensitivity up to 5, threshold 4, ATS 8 1/2, reject 4 and delay back up to 9. Can not help but dig the caps and tabs. Dime was a grunt, nickels sharp and tight. 10k ring with good diamonds and grill were sharp also. Rest tomorrow back at it Tuesday. Good luck everybody.

B4D08F1A-B7C9-41A5-A494-F8FC518AE0DC.jpeg

1B1708E6-6C74-4D93-9A0F-2D7360547660.jpeg

• Like 3