It Was Only A Matter Of Time

That's awesome  Seeker- congrats on your first AQ gold! That's a nice one to start with too.

• Like 1

Nice! Congrats !!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, The Seeker said:

The AQ was noisy (during each swing) in both settings, running 7-8uS

Congrats for the gold!

Feel free to turn up delay without fear up to a stable hum...Think about the AQ max level of 11.5uS like a third of others machines setting.

Trust me, after that You should also have more available gain for your pleasure....

All the best

• Like 6

That's a Nice looking Gold!! And he's got some weight!!...I agree tune the ATS up to 8 and delay to 11.5...it kills me to turn mine up for I feel I'm losing depth but dag It still hammers deep. 

• Like 4

Well done good gold, and funny i dug up that same blue stainless ring last week. 😄

• Like 1

Nice 4 ring day. Congrats on the Silver and Gold with Ice. Good Luck on your next hunt.

HH

Mike.

• Like 1

The day I started worrying less about a quick delay and more on a smooth threshold was the day I started finding more gold. Yes, the smaller/finer and lower karat gold rings respond better to a quicker delay BUT only if you can hear them above the salt response in moving salt water. The bigger and higher karat gold rings will still respond very well to delays above 15uS !
Absolutely use the quickest delay possible if salt signal isn’t a problem 👍

• Like 5