First Texas ...... Making The Case .....

Being a Fisher Repair center for the South East Back In Los Banos era I met and talked with some very incredible people from Jim L. President of Fisher Research Labs To a few legendary Relic hunters of that time in the south east that needed help Repairs inspiration or a pointer in the right direction...... 
      To this day I still have my Repair manuals and updates some the best electronics ever conceived Mike asked me not to sell or give out the technology .....I have always kept my word.

I would have 3D printer or a jig and router and a one inch extension of the battery lid on the 1280x or Cz casing.epoxy or use to battery gaskets......throw in 5 gallon paint pressure tank filled with water and compress tank 90 psi no leaks good to go.....

get rid of the connector issue In and  out of salt

Batteries not included....due to shipping etc each customer would order batteries and charger from battery store online.....this set up 4S2P would give 7 amp hours copper 3m tape and foam  4 series times 2 parallel .

built tuff for Navy Seal in You

face plate route on lexan paint Black Spartan 300 in Red paint 

do you have what it takes.....

add 15 and 20 micro second to or just change the last values deep salt water values

Happy Trails 

jimpugh aKa old south east Fisher repair before da Cuda

Go Long Horns 

Built like tank  good to 100 metersimage.thumb.jpg.9095af7e91752bc8aba489830310e697.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.6d247d804dbbfb27dbf1a467d721a97e.jpg

• Like 1

You may know my buddy  Steve Noga,......oldtimer... still a Authorized Fisher Repair center ...Now in Charleston S.C. ... owner of Rebel Metal Detectors.. 

Amazing,... he still has parts to fix many of the old fishers.

http://www.rebelmetal.com/

• Like 2

• The title was changed to First Texas ...... Making The Case .....

Can you tell I own a Excalibur...

Going to do a shorty of this version next.. 4 cell only, May try the new Samsung 3600 cells...Hoping to get 6 hours..

Seems ....after talking to a few AQ owners most want the drop in 26650 battery setup. Parts coming but the USPS is slower then Molasses.

20200724_003041.jpg

• Like 4

I have never met Mr. Noga.....I have known of Steve Before I visited with  

Jerry Tyndall of Natiulas Electronics to learn how to build  Detector coils and other secrets of the Art for an intense work shop Jerry gave me the key to front Door and he was impressed with my soldering techniques of multiple pre amp circuit boards for his coils ....he gave me his first Transistorized metal detector with a wooden coil that he based the first patent on......as many rare coil forms the few people know of...

I have a huge pipe bending machine manual and use to bend his handles for the 2B and we talked on phone many hours about all things Electronics he was very Great man and had the cutest pet Albino Squirrel “ Mo “......He had a bunch of old Rebel  works proto units from Steve very nice work from what I Saw......when It comes to building coils a learned from the Master with out a doubt his art and Craftsmanship beyond any I have ever opened or seen .....and I have reversed a lot of kit in my day.

Now with Jerry gone I send my 2 B to Wayne Lee for repairs and new coils he does Awesome Work and has a great warranty....Yes I do have signed schematics from Jerry Tyndall....other than a few pet projects and tube radios and Amps.....I try to stay focused on what I do best ......Find Gold in Water....

Ps got my Official AQ Impulse Manual in-mail couple  Days ago very good read...

Good Job First Texas.....now where is my 8 inch I ordered before every one else

and please lite on the micro beads I like my coils slightly negative......

Happy Trails

jimpugh

• Like 2