Diving For $1000 Reward With Equinox And Need Advice On Best Diving Headphones

I recently tried to find a platinum wedding band with a $1000 reward.  I used my NOX with Minelab Waterproof headphones and was not happy at all.   The volume Setting at MAX and I could barely hear the signals over the sounds of me breathing underwater and the bubbles from my regulator. 

I know others have complained in times past, but wanted to get an updated response.

What are the best underwater sounding (100% waterproof) headphones for the EQ-800 and that actually stay on your head.  That was another problem I had, as the Minelab ones would easily slide off if I made any sudden movement.

Sorry to say, I did not cash in on the $1000 reward, but will tell you all it is still offered.

Thanks for your input everyone.

WL4.png

Gerry  If I was you I’d invest in a pulse dive and go back over the area you hunted. Then if not there expand out beyond there .

That’s what I would do !

Chuck 

• Like 1

Gerry 

I’ll do you one better being I got a Simplex holding up a wall . It has a vibrating handle and I’ll loan it to you. I’ll even ship it to you free.That would put a feather as one would say for Nokta/Makro in ones cap to find it .

You can’t beat that with a stick .haha

Chuck 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

What are the best underwater sounding (100% waterproof) headphones for the EQ-800 and that actually stay on your head. 

Gerry, I can't help You with your research, but talking about headphones, trust me, with the yellow Koss your chance to hear something are really few unless you don't raise the signals pitch to best suit your ears.

I tested the Nox and was however slightly better than the Ctx for the audio.

Grey Ghost, Minelab, nothing..These machines are just poor crap for audio output.

Joe OBN is the master of amplified headphones and I'm still dreaming to know what's inside the Skullies....Ask to Joe...

I have a project suspended to realize a pair by myself using the grey Ghost cable and another cheap frame I bought days ago...I talk about no more than 5 bucks for the frame.What I need now is to find a good pair of high impedance speakers and seal it with silicone...Plus something to amplify the sound...And here will be tough🤐

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

Gerry 

I’ll do you one better being I got a Simplex holding up a wall . It has a vibrating handle and I’ll loan it to you. I’ll even ship it to you free.That would put a feather as one would say for Nokta/Makro in ones cap to find it .

You can’t beat that with a stick .haha

Chuck 

I have one, just need to start using it.  Thanks for the generous offer though, very kind of you.

• Like 1

I have a set made by my buddy Tony Eisenhower. I've had no problem with them being loud enough. 

• Like 1