Simplex + Gen 2

I have loved my simplex, and been using it almost every day since I got it. Also finaly finding gold ( now that I know what I'm watching for. I'll post pictures eventually).

Anyway I was thinking to myself, how could they make a second generation simplex better? I know it's a ways off, but I bet nokta has already been thinking about this. So I wanted to start a thread about features you'd like to see on the next one?

I'll start. When night hunting, the light on the back seems to be either not quite bright enough, or it's at the wrong angle, and can't use it well to dig. No problem, I've got a headlight. 

What if on the next one, they had a sensor that felt the detector be laid down, and switched on a brighter higher angle set of lights to illuminate your digging when in night mode?

Also multi frequency would be killer, even if it had to be a super simple featureless dumbed down machine, at least around here.

nokta-makro-simplex-5x9-10-coil-option-herschbach.jpg

I’m not so sure I would want to see more on the Simplex. The simple Simplex as it is now to something other than being simple is not a Simplex.

The more bells and whistles you add can’t help but run up cost .

Chuck 

• Like 2

The multi version has been developed in parallel with the Simplex+ and will use most of the same hardware. In some ways Simplex+ is just a way to get the bugs out before going to the next step. The multi release will be a real milestone for NokMak so they need to get it right. All the teething pains seen with Simplex will help insure the Multi has a smoother introduction.

If NokMak wants me to put my Equinox down they need to work on adding more tone options, especially multi tone. Keep that true threshold based all metal mode. Add recovery speed, and we probably have a deal.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Nokta Detectors said:

Now you are challenging me:-) Check your email please! 

And send a Test sample to Central Virginia if you want to know if it can  handle the cruel red dirt. Come on Dilek.We have done this before.

• Like 1

Good idea George!

I'm in!! I'll test sample one on S. Florida beaches!

Thank's in advance Dilek!🤣👍👍

Dilek  

It looks as if everyone is making a bid to you to let them test this new detector. 

I’ve been thinking what I could say that you would send me this new detector to test . I know all these new kids on the block know so much more about the electronics of detectors than I’ll ever know.

Here I am still thinking what to say and then it came to me . I’ve been swinging a detector over 50 years and with 2020 will make 55 years. Starting out with a BFO to a PI with so many in between. 

I’ve been detecting along Texas Treasure Coast long before the state stopped it on some treasure ships.

If you want someone to tell you how good your detector detect,then I’m it . The only thing the correspondence about this detector will be between us only. That’s unless give me permission to do otherwise.

Chuck 

• Like 1

A 99 tone option would be great, with informative audio that will allow good judgement of depth, sizing and type of target (tone roll etc).

• Like 2