17.69 Gram AQ Gold 1942 Class Ring

Congrats on that massive gold ring Joe! Make sure you bend your knees when lifting that thing! :laugh:

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

What really gets me is how deep this stuff is...and for some reason it loves nickels

Great ring... you are amazing with the finds Joe! 👍🏻

Given the design goal of the machine, with a distinct focus on the gold ring range, it’s possible that a nickel is an almost perfect target for the AQ. A nickel does sit pretty near the middle of the desirable gold ring range. I say “almost perfect” because lacking a hole in the middle takes it down from the pinnacle of perfection as a target. However, I’d surmise the pulses per second (pps) and everything else are optimized for something far closer to a nickel than a silver quarter (for example). I have not tested it, but it may hit a nickel just as deep or even deeper than a quarter. This machine is not optimized at all for silver. And I’m good with that. :smile:

• Like 5

21 hours ago, Skullgolddiver said:

Another BIG beauty Joe!Nice.

Interesting fact, no low tides until the 29th, at least here🤔must be a moon's joke🌡️

Thanks Buddy! i Love when I see those tides dropping. I'm sure you can't sleep either knowing what's coming.

19 hours ago, Mikeguard01 said:

Nice pig Joe. Thanks for the settings, I keep making a note of them. These tides have been crazy. My phone is acting up again, I got your text and 43 others 3:00am this morning.

HH

Mike

Thanks Mike! I It is so much like the excalibur in All metal your going to have NO problems at all. 

18 hours ago, okara gold said:

Nice heavy ring Joe! And the AQ has paid for itself. Nice going!

Thanks Okra! I'm very Blessed to say it is doing the job intended.

14 hours ago, Jim in ma said:

Nice chunk of AU Joe     :nugget:  

6 scoops is a whole new level as rings like that dont usually detect off to the side, time for the back brace now.   :smile:

Thanks Jim!....I agree buddy, I really think your going to love it...

14 hours ago, Elbert said:

Congrats on the ring. It's a beauty.  I like those silvers to.

El

Thanks Buddy! Hope all is well and you see that AQ soon! Weird is I normally dig silver quarters But Nada on them this round.

14 hours ago, kac said:

That's one heavy ring. Poor bugger probably drowned wearing it 😮 Congrats!

LOL, That's funny! It's a smaller size ring but it does have some meat to it. ..........And Thank You! 

12 hours ago, Joe D. said:

Congrats Joe!!

You have got to be the leader of the pack with AQ gold finds so far!!

Be Safe!! And keep the tally running!!💍👍👍

Thanks Joe D! Having it Mid May really gave me the jump on learning how it operated. I think the time I spent testing was really was the key. It for sure has found a home, with the excalibur.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Thanks Buddy! i Love when I see those tides dropping. I'm sure you can't sleep either knowing what's coming.

I hope Joe!....Lot of murky water for now...Time to wait for better conditions...

• Like 1

Most everything has been said.  WTG Joe!

You just keep adding them up.  You know the greats didn't get them all but I don't think you are going to leave many scraps now.  Success begets success and now you have a tool that will get those heavy sinkers.

Mitchel

• Like 1

What a coincidence, Joe--I did a hunt that was pretty much the same--big gold and a silver dime.  (Give or take 16 grams...).  Quite proud of this one actually in that it was a hairpin sized signal--("ya learn kid, but'cha learn slow...)."  That is such an awesome find--some real weight.  Thanks for the settings too.  Jumping between the modes seems to help with the pins ID, also what I'm learning is that like all of Eric's machines the "sides" are critical information--where you have that nice "whoop" upswing / downswing--good sign.   Had the CS6PI out after (2 hours of AQ --waa--no night before top up), and this machine has very similar audio--maybe a bit better in that clean edges always mean no steel.  The potential of the AQ is certainly there, and a few things that Jim mentioned to me about the low uSC ranges "vibrating or "exciting" the ground deeper made the faint range easier to understand, target acquire and respond to.   I've had to really focus on my coil control and pulse basics with this detector and would (objectively) recommend that anyone new to pulse hunting read my book "Pulsepower" to get a handle on some of these (...always be closing...).  With the Cuda, keeping the threshold (tuner) low makes  a huge difference in how pins and caps sound--with even a tiny decrease changing the information a lot.  This worked really well today with the AQ-kept me off these and on just the small foils and solid bits.  Loose the pins and caps and this detector looks better every day.  Good Luck, Congrats, clive

IMG_20200822_213528ZXZ.jpg

• Like 2