Got My Vanquish Ordered

jmaryt

13 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

The Vanquish models are really good on silver too, shallow or deep. They also really hate crown bottle caps. With Iron discriminated out, the only crown bottle caps I dig are the ones with aluminum foil on the top of the cap........

just bought a 540 pro-pack for just over 4 bills (new), incredible value compared to an eq600,or 800!
i got both coils, wireless,rechargeable batts, coil covers, and bonnet.what's not to like?
also, the guy "instrumental" in bringing the vanquish forward claims its almost a "'dead nuts"
match (performance wise) to the eq600,or the 800.time will tell, but could be an "outrageous"
sleeper compared to either ,or both eq's.he calls it the "equinox 540"  no bullshit! 

(h.h.!)

j.t.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, jmaryt said:

just bought a 540 pro-pack for just over 4 bills (new), incredible value compared to an eq600,or 800!
i got both coils, wireless,rechargeable batts, coil covers, and bonnet.what's not to like?
also, the guy "instrumental" in bringing the vanquish forward claims its almost a "'dead nuts"
match (performance wise) to the eq600,or the 800.time will tell, but could be an "outrageous"
sleeper compared to either ,or both eq's.he calls it the "equinox 540"  no bullshit! 

(h.h.!)

j.t.

Vanquish Pro pack is great value, especially considering the two included coils.  But no one will be mistaking a Vanquish for an Equinox (or even an Apex) any time soon so I would say the dealer is exaggerating a bit.  Despite the 540’s solid performance under nominal conditions, things start getting dicey for Vanquish when the conditions get a little more challenging.

It has no provision for ground balancing so its performance drops off in hot ground. All metal (no disc) mode is practically worthless if the ground is mineralized.  Apex has a provision for GB.

If EMI is bad or you want to zero in on high conductive targets, there is no provision for operating in single frequency like the Equinox or Apex

You basically get a single, plain vanilla SMF profile vice the six SMF profiles that exist on the 600.  This is similar to Apex.

Vanquish recovery speed is decent but still lags the best recovery speed you can set on Equinox and your recovery speed is fixed in each search mode rather than user selectable as on the Equinox.  Apex real world recovery speed Is TBD.

You will have to put its little raincoat on if there is a sprinkle out.  Equinox is waterproof (except when it isn’t - doh!) and Apex is rainproof without a cover.

As you can see, there is a definite reason for the Vanquish 540’s $400 price tag vs. $650 for the 600, but it is a good value and solid performer in mild soil and beach conditions and would definitely hold its own against an Equinox in those situations.  In trash or mineralization or bad EMI or max silver depth, maybe not so much.  The Apex at $490 (with wireless phones like the Pro Pack) is a comparable value to Vanquish 540 if you take into account the Apex advantages like SF settings and GB.  Enjoy!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Vanquish Pro pack is great value, especially considering the two included coils.  But no one will be mistaking a Vanquish for an Equinox (or even an Apex) any time soon so I would say the dealer is exaggerating a bit.  Despite the 540’s solid performance under nominal conditions, things start getting dicey for Vanquish when the conditions get a little more challenging.

It has no provision for ground balancing so its performance drops off in hot ground. All metal (no disc) mode is practically worthless if the ground is mineralized.  Apex has a provision for GB.

If EMI is bad or you want to zero in on high conductive targets, there is no provision for operating in single frequency like the Equinox or Apex

You basically get a single, plain vanilla SMF profile vice the six SMF profiles that exist on the 600.  This is similar to Apex.

Vanquish recovery speed is decent but still lags the best recovery speed you can set on Equinox and your recovery speed is fixed in each search mode rather than user selectable as on the Equinox.  Apex real world recovery speed Is TBD.

You will have to put its little raincoat on if there is a sprinkle out.  Equinox is waterproof (except when it isn’t - doh!) and Apex is rainproof without a cover.

As you can see, there is a definite reason for the Vanquish 540’s $400 price tag vs. $650 for the 600, but it is a good value and solid performer in mild soil and beach conditions and would definitely hold its own against an Equinox in those situations.  In trash or mineralization or bad EMI or max silver depth, maybe not so much.  The Apex at $490 (with wireless phones like the Pro Pack) is a comparable value to Vanquish 540 if you take into account the Apex advantages like SF settings and GB.  Enjoy!

yes i am aware  of these things.my soil is mild, no hot ground.i am not concerned about the rest as full boat multi-iq 
running gain just shy of (e.m.i.) should win the day, and the price point difference is significant, especially on a retired fixed income.
i bought it to run (s.m.f.) so single frequency is of little interest.either it finds the goodies in (s.m.f.) or i go home empty handed.i believe it's a good gamble in the "cooked" parks,and other "burnt" public places around here, and if it it separates well, and gets good depth, then i'll be happy.

(h.h.!)
j.t.

• Like 3

Just now, jmaryt said:

yes i am aware  of these things.my soil is mild, no hot ground.i am not concerned about the rest as full boat multi-iq 
running gain just shy of (e.m.i.) should win the day, and the price point difference is significant, especially on a retired fixed income.
i bought it to run (s.m.f.) so single frequency is of little interest.either it finds the goodies in (s.m.f.) or i go home empty handed.i believe it's a good gamble in the "cooked" parks,and other "burnt" public places around here, and if it it separates well, and gets good depth, then i'll be happy.

(h.h.!)
j.t.

ohhh! (b.t.w.) for what it's worth, ain't no dealer explained this to me, it was "dankowski",who was instrumental in bringing the vanquish forward.
he told me that he called the 540 the (equinox 540) because ,in his words, it's almost a "dead nuts" match for the 600.and the 800's performance.
he MAY be a little "over zealous" but i certainly take him at his word.he needs no introduction here!  i'm just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

• Like 1

The vanquish models get you hunting with MF without having to spend  much.It seems to have good performance at a good price  and the average hunter can learn to use it fast.The  extra price for waterproof  models is because of the  extra price it cost to make them waterproof and to maintain those machines under warranty that need fixing.I water hunt so I like  the Nox plus it can do much more then the vanquish.It seems to be able to be a good backup if the  Nox goes bad.

5 hours ago, jmaryt said:

(h.h.!)
j.t.

You cant go wrong with the Vanquish 540 , it is an excellent machine. Its ergonomy is excellent ,, very simple to use, very reliable . Depth perfos are the same than the Equinox 800 in mild soils from my measurements . The most often I use it with a V10 coil which I find more polyvalent than the V12 . The small V8 is excellent for finding tiny targets among iron trash it is also a very light coil. The V12 is very good  for finding medium/big coins at depth in low iron trashed areas.   

As for the moment the Apex has still not yet been intensively tested in the field , the Vanquish is a very good choice , and last but not least  , its color is red and not pink ... ☺️

HH ..

On 8/20/2020 at 3:18 PM, jmaryt said:

(h.h.!)

j.t.

Where can I get one at that price?

Thanks.

10 hours ago, phrunt said:

I love my Vanquish, if I didn't like looking for gold and only looked for coins I'd be fine not owning my Nox 800.  Where I hunt I can do just as well with the Vanquish.

yeah! this is what i am hoping!  i hunt mainly 'cooked" parks, schools,and ballfields!
my strategy is to look for the oldest, and biggest parks,and other areas to hunt.
the soil here is mild to slightly mineralized.maybe the (s.m.f.) will allow me to get deeper,and
ferret through the trash better to score older stuff.minelab had this technology first, and it's priority
protected by ironclad patents, so i believe its a good gamble, and decided to purchase. the price i got
was a deciding factor as well, with what i believe is a "ton" of value in the pro-pack.

(h.h.!)

j.t.

1 hour ago, jmaryt said:

yeah! this is what i am hoping!  i hunt mainly 'cooked" parks, schools,and ballfields!
my strategy is to look for the oldest, and biggest parks,and other areas to hunt.
the soil here is mild to slightly mineralized.maybe the (s.m.f.) will allow me to get deeper,and
ferret through the trash better to score older stuff.minelab had this technology first, and it's priority
protected by ironclad patents, so i believe its a good gamble, and decided to purchase. the price i got
was a deciding factor as well, with what i believe is a "ton" of value in the pro-pack.

(h.h.!)

j.t.

SMF doesn't really go deeper than single frequency (which has more raw depth), but it DOES allow you to potentially get a solid target ID deeper.  The main advantage of SMF is salt compensation for beach detecting, ability to compensate for ground mineralization provided the detector has a ground balance circuit, and more reliable Target ID.  Trash separation is more a function of the detector's recovery speed and coil size and little to do with whether a detector uses SMF.   That being said, the Vanquish has pretty good recovery speed, especially in Jewelry mode, and the coils you get with the pro pack are great for what you want to do.  Coin targets really ring out, some say they ring out better in Jewelry mode than coin mode, so be sure to try out the different modes to see what works best at your sites.  Let us know how it goes.  HH