Peg’s California Gold Trip

Good job both of you. That's some rich ground there, wow. Nice change to see some trees for once in some nugget ground... I need to get out of the deserts one day and enjoy some great scenery like that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Nice water warn bits Miss Peg.

Still trying to get my head around bears! They say we have deadly wild life but I think you trump us lot

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, IdahoPeg said:

Can you believe this guy is over 80 years old? He can work that pick like a man half his age! This great hobby certainly keeps us in shape!

D6BEF2A6-4E6C-40DD-B83D-BEA427AA958E.thumb.jpeg.bf1f1960e9e94d4c2907df3f312411ca.jpeg

Sure can Peg going by my grand kids they are a quarter his age. I am heading towards his age and hope to fit enough to chase gold at 80. 😀

• Like 1

Nice report and photos, Peg.  (The only photo my gold hunting experiences can relate to are the last one.)

You didn't mention the temps.  Was this high up enough that they weren't an issue?  I see Chet wearing long sleaves but maybe that is to protect from the sun.  Seems like Western USA has been hit hard with a heat dome (or whatever it's called) this month, or did you get out of there before it arrived?

• Thanks 1

Right on Peg, glad you had a good time in the Sierras with gold and bear to boot, you and Chet are inspirational way to go! 

• Thanks 1