Peg’s California Gold Trip

Well done Peg.  You pick good partners.

I know Chet can go for hours and hours at Rye Patch and now I know he's a mountain goat too!  That's nice gold.  You can't sneeze at half an ounce.

Mitchel

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, madtuna said:

Nice water warn bits Miss Peg.

Still trying to get my head around bears! They say we have deadly wild life but I think you trump us lot

Madtuna.....EVERYTHING in your land is out to kill you, from what I hear lol. Our bears just run away, at least so far!😄

4 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Nice report and photos, Peg.  (The only photo my gold hunting experiences can relate to are the last one.)

You didn't mention the temps.  Was this high up enough that they weren't an issue?  I see Chet wearing long sleaves but maybe that is to protect from the sun.  Seems like Western USA has been hit hard with a heat dome (or whatever it's called) this month, or did you get out of there before it arrived?

Upper 80s to low 90s, maybe mid 90s a couple days. I always wear long pants and sleeves when detecting...protect from sun, bugs, and the brush. Except manzanita, NOTHING protects you from them lol!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Thanks for providing us with a successful gold finding vacation vicariously.
You and Chet make a good team.  
You are sure right about the manzanita, I think sometimes that is one of the main reasons
there is still some gold left in a few of the motherlode areas,
that manzanita was just too thick and tough.

• Like 1

That's a nice haul for a week of detecting, Peg...WTG!

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Lunk said:

That's a nice haul for a week of detecting, Peg...WTG!

Lunk, you've been 'missing' from the threads most of the summer.  Good to see something from you.

• Like 2

Thoroughly enjoyed reading this adventure,i still cannot grasp fully this gold nugget detecting its all so new to me,i have a basic idea but i really do enjoy reading about all these adventures you folks get upto.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RickUK said:

Thoroughly enjoyed reading this adventure,i still cannot grasp fully this gold nugget detecting its all so new to me,i have a basic idea but i really do enjoy reading about all these adventures you folks get upto.

RickUK, to me the ultimate would be finding old Roman coins like you guys have over there! Amazing pieces of history....hopefully I’ll get to try some day!