Peg’s California Gold Trip

12 minutes ago, IdahoPeg said:

RickUK, to me the ultimate would be finding old Roman coins like you guys have over there! Amazing pieces of history....hopefully I’ll get to try some day!

Peg,if you ever did come over to the UK on a visit,you would be more than welcome to come out on some prime saxon/roman permissions that i have access on.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, RickUK said:

Peg,if you ever did come over to the UK on a visit,you would be more than welcome to come out on some prime saxon/roman permissions that i have access on.

Awesome! I might take you up on that in the next year or two! Thanks! And if you are ever over here out west, I’d try to get you on some nuggets😊

• Like 2

Gosh that is some steep country, no wonder the GPZ is a struggle over there, even lugging it in on your shoulder would be hard work. I‘m definitely the wrong build for mountainous country like that and so is the GPZ!! 🤕 Really pretty gold and pretty views, more so because of all the hard work required to get it, well done you deserve every gram and more.😎

JP

Pic of one of the more mountainous regions I’ve worked over the years (Pilbara area WA on a 40 degree C day so was laying in the shade of my quad having lunch)

4D911714-24DA-4059-B6BB-178E857167C0.thumb.jpeg.21263f507ecf010598dc69355a74f9dc.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jonathan Porter said:

Pic of one of the more mountainous regions I’ve worked over the years (Pilbara area WA on a 40 degree C day so was laying in the shade of my quad having lunch)

4D911714-24DA-4059-B6BB-178E857167C0.thumb.jpeg.21263f507ecf010598dc69355a74f9dc.jpeg

Whew! That’s 104 Fahrenheit?....definitely get in the shade wherever and whenever  you can! And you call those little bumps mountains lol? Yep, I sometimes use the 2300 instead of 7000 in the real tough terrain, especially if crawling under manzanita is involved. Thanks for your comments JP!😊

Outstanding pics and even better looking gold.  You are one of the hardest working lady diggers I know of Peg and your efforts have certainly produced for you.  Chet is also one of those hard to the core MD'ing guy's that make the average guy just walk away in wonder.  I hope to be like him at his age.

Keep at it Peg as your pics and stories are a great asset to DP.  Well done my friend.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On August 23, 2020 at 2:29 PM, DigsAlot said:

Lunk, where you been? You find a mega patch?

On August 23, 2020 at 8:18 AM, mn90403 said:

Lunk, you've been 'missing' from the threads most of the summer.  Good to see something from you.

Hey guys,

A mega patch? Don't I wish! Nothing so grandiose I'm afraid, merely busy working my summer job; not a lot of spare time to frequent the forum like I do during the winter months..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1