Makro Gold Racer 56 kHz - Coming Soon!

Fisher Gold Bug 2 - 71 kHz
Minelab Eureka Gold - 6.4, 20, and 60 kHz
White's GMT/Goldmaster series 48 - 50 kHz

Makro Gold Racer 56 kHz. But what sets the Gold Racer apart is the full complement of discrimination options and other features. This is basically what I tried years ago to get White's Electronics to make. The White's GMT was actually an early offshoot of the MXT project. The GMT and MXT share a lot under the hood. I asked White's to please, please make an MXT running at GMT frequencies. It seemed a no-brainer to be as there would have been nothing like it on the market. It apparently went in the round file with my underwater TDI and other desired units.

The applications here for gold prospecting are obvious. Now you know why I sold my Gold Bug 2 and some other units. Why own several when one can do all I need? Talk about a screaming hot jewelry detector. The high frequency should lead to some interesting performance characteristics for relic and coin hunting also. There will be downsides - all high freq detectors are chatty and for some applications there is such a thing as too much sensitivity to tiny stuff. It can't possibly work well in wet salt sand. Overall however I am just excited to see something that is actually not like anything else currently available from any other manufacturer.

Things I know and can talk about. The handle angle has been changed to be more comfortable than that on the previous Racer models. And the wireless module (optional) has been upgraded and is no longer the Bluetooth version that people complained about on the Racer but some kind of 2.4 Ghz system that should eliminate the Bluetooth lag. Fingers crossed.

Specifications and Details on the Makro Gold Racer

Detailed Review Of Makro Gold Racer By Steve Herschbach

Makro and Nokta like all companies make mistakes but I have never seen any company respond so aggressively in so short a time to suggested changes. It gets them a lot of credit with me just to see a company trying so hard to please. It is refreshing compared to what we have all become accustomed to.

• Like 2

I think I'm going to have to get my hands on one of these to try!

Nearly bought a fors gold but after trying it I wasn't that impressed and decided to just keep using my trusty gold bug 2.

But this one looks like it will render my gb obsolete.

Steve, on the discrimination side I see ID filter and Imask. Can you tell us what I mask is?