I Called Whites Recently

I tried to call the Sweet Home Oregeon facility. All that happrned was just a recording that kept on replaying over and over.

So being an ex Whites dealer I decided to try Whites of the Mid South. Dwight  the owner  helped me set up my little shop when I got going.  Anyways they told me they only had a few units left and they did have a lot of accessories left. 

I chatted a bit about how sad it was that Whites were no longer. Dwight seems to think the covid mess going on is part to blame. I guess it is possible.

I asked them if they were going to pick up another brand and keep on selling metal detectors. They said no. I was surprised by that response. 

That same facility that is Whites of the Mid South is a Lawn and Garden Coop type place and one of the largest Old Timer knife dealers in the state.

I guess being a die hard whites distribution center they do not have the heart to sell another brand. Heck if I were them I certainly would. 

Anyways....just thought I would share my findings.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, bigtim1973 said:

So being an ex Whites dealer I decided to try Whites of the Mid South.

So these people (cut and pasted from White's website)?

942163883_Screenshotat2020-08-22135702.png.7991174cd6ad5a6819c6c432ece55d76.png

I looked up that town -- very NW corner of Alabama (near tri-intersection with Mississippi and Tennessee).  I see from above that my state was in their sales area.  Does that mean they supplied the local White's dealers, sold direct to customers in that area, or both?  I also found a website address but it was no longer supported (i.e. they no longer paid for it so just a stub).  I assume that was for the same place.

• Like 1

Yes that's it....that is who I called and talked to for a bit. Yes they sold to the public at his shop in Alabama and also was the distribution center for the region. 

• Like 1