My White's Sierra Pulse Pro (white's Spp)

After seeing many of Lukes Video's and his posts His modded SPP hangs fairly close with the SDC as far as small gold is concerned Hitting Nuggets down to 0.03 grams which is VLF territory and that folded 5x9 is the best thing since sliced bread and the same mods can be done to other TDI models,

And if your SPP has had Regs Mod then it is a Keeper, I don't understand Why since this fix was done that it has not been added to the whole range because it would make them more popular,

Hope it all works out for you.

• Like 1

No this unit is not modded. To be frank I have far more powerful detectors and no amount of modding is going to change that. I just bought it in a whim and will be tossing it in my rig with a bunch of VLF detectors tomorrow to get a little self educating done. Since the warranty can be transferred to the next owner I do not want to mess with that. If something wows me tomorrow maybe I will keep it otherwise it will go up for sale with several other machines soon.

Remember the real goal of the SPP was to clear a warehouse full of unsold units made for Africa. White's is basically blowing them out and any money spent making changes to them just gets them farther in the hole. I am really speculating here but maybe units shipped to Oz are modified now to fix the hiccup and so White's raised the price on them? I have never heard of anyone having the hiccup problem in the U.S., has anyone else? So units here may be cheaper base units and ones sold in Oz had to have every box opened up, unpacked, mods made, reboxed, etc. that would drive dealer cost up fast. Again though, pure speculation on my part.

I was under the impression that All the Sl's and the SPP's that were sold in OZ already had the mods done at the factory, I agree about doing them after the fact, I like mine just the way the factory made them, If I need it to do other things then I will buy the machine that is made to do it, That mod makes it see much smaller gold and adds a touch more depth from what Luke says.

Luke did tell me a while back that the MJ folded 5x9 is good for bits around the 0.08 gram mark on a non messed with machine (that is in OZ Dirt) so with a bit of luck it might go smaller in your Dirt,

Steve I know they are expensive but a set of those Energizer Lithium disposable batteries with get you 12 to 14 hours and give you a Voltage of 14.64 volts, I know you like that extra bit of Kick (volts) but that burn time might give you the edge you crave and it will Boost the sensitivity a bit too..

Just an Idea, Good Luck

There has been a lot of speculation that the modded SPP is up there with the SDC, this is not true although the modded SPP using the AA pack with good quality AA's and coupled with minerjohn's 5x9 folded is a real head turner, And the fact it's smooth as silk and not warbling your head off! Makes quite an attractive package.

My TDI pro modded is a lot closer to the SDC's performance.

• Like 2

There has been a lot of speculation that the modded SPP is up there with the SDC, this is not true although the modded SPP using the AA pack with good quality AA's and coupled with minerjohn's 5x9 folded is a real head turner, And the fact it's smooth as silk and not warbling your head off! Makes quite an attractive package.

My TDI pro modded is a lot closer to the SDC's performance.

Thanks Luke Good Info.

On 11/19/2015 at 3:59 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

I would love to hear some TDI success stories from you.

Since I  started using the TDI on the beach, my finds rate has risen about 75% over my Minelab Sovereign. My best year ever was 30 gold pieces in 2013 with the equivalent of 35g of 24k gold as per my avatar. So far this year I have found 39 gold pieces, the difference being I have being finding bigger rings deeper than the Minelab. Those 39 bits have the equivalent of 61.5g of 24k. Those numbers so how much better the TDI has being for me. This amount of gold is not huge in comparison to what some lads get in the US or on the Med but on the east coast of Ireland it is unreal.

20151120_2213151_zpsdkuapc3c.jpg  

Not only have I found more gold I also have found by biggest and oldest golds, biggest was an 11g 9k and oldest was an 1810 8.6g buckle ring. I also had my oldest ever beach coin a king George Irish half penny 1720, not old by land standards over here but still 130 years older than ever had on a beach before, and it does not stop there I also had my first ever rose and white gold rings. 

For the 38 years I have being detecting I never, believe it or not have never forum an Irish Freestate half crown and I have found 3 of them now, on the beach of all places.  Its just being a year of firsts and records broken for me on the beach and its all being down to using the TDI. If that is not a success story using a TDI I don't know what is. Oh and to top it all off I had this as well, a 16 century Tudor silver hair pin with gem stone.

20151120_2238341_zpsdyd6vidi.jpg

• Like 4