How Much Time Left To Get The Final AQ

According to the Fisher Impulse AQ facebook site,there is 99% done with the machine.After some reports from AQ limited owners,you see peoblem with battery,cable connectors,noisy coil in the salt water,high temp on the control box,short shaft,,,,,,,,,,and I assume these all problems sums up the remaining of 1% left??how can it be? Has anyone any guess when the final unit is available to buy worldwide?

Beginning of next year. The mechanics are in the process of being manufactured.

Battery: There is no problem, the autonomy is simply 3:30 in the most powerful mode. On the worlwide version you can find the 3500 mah li ion battery cells inside the upper shaft.

High temperature enclosure: This temperature is normal, and the enclosure passes all outdoor high temperature tests.This is what differentiates, it's  the more sensitivity and power that the other models from other brands.

Noisy coil in the salt It is a phenomenon which was recently reached us, it is 2 detectors on the series, we study a problem on the coil shielding on these 2 models.

Short shaft: The lower shaft has been lengthened.

Cable connector When we have a plastic connector it is a well known phenomenon, it is not a problem. The other brands use a plastic connector and have the same phenomenon.
I am currently evaluating the metal connector with integrated shielding to differentiate us from the competition, these connectors are very expensive and nobody uses them in the market because of the price.
If these connectors pass the seawater resistance test, they can be used for the worlwide version.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Do you believe the small coil will resolve the salt water issue that you mentioned?   I assume the small coil that will come out next month has been tested here in Florida where the problem occurred?   Did it work..... and what kind of depth will we loose in each mode on say a 5 gram gold ring?

Cable connector.... which connector are we talking about....... headphone, battery, coil?   If its the headphone one will it be so unique it wont be available to us to make our own phones?

Are you saying you are going with a tube style for the batteries that isnt going to be enclosed and allows us to use Lith batteries......if so will be get 6 hours run time?

Thanks for addressing these concerns some of us have Alexandre.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, dewcon4414 said:

Do you believe the small coil will resolve the salt water issue that you mentioned?   I assume the small coil that will come out next month has been tested here in Florida where the problem occurred?   Did it work..... and what kind of depth will we loose in each mode on say a 5 gram gold ring?

Cable connector.... which connector are we talking about....... headphone, battery, coil?   If its the headphone one will it be so unique it wont be available to us to make our own phones?

Are you saying you are going with a tube style for the batteries that isnt going to be enclosed and allows us to use Lith batteries......if so will be get 6 hours run time?

Thanks for addressing these concerns some of us have Alexandre.

As Alexandre said in the previous post, the salt water issue reported by Deb is currently under close scrutiny. We still do not know whether it is a problem of shielding discontinuity on that specific coil or a more general problem (specific to Florida?😢).

A smaller coil will probably better react under the sea water than a larger coil but it will also cover less surface per swing. It will also be more sensitive to smaller targets but less to larger targets. This is a general rule(well-known cake sentence!!).

'Cable Connector' is the COIL connector to the enclosure. This is indeed very specific to the coils designed for the AQ. No question about replacing these coils with other types, they would not work at all under the stringent conditions defined  by the short pulse delays of the AQ. There is no problem related to the headphone connector.

Yes, the Li-Ion protected battery cells (18650) will be inserted inside the upper shaft and replaceable by the users. The autonomy will depend on the modes of operation and on the TRUE mAh of the 18650 cells.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Thanks....... good info.

Will the connector for the headphones be a standard M8, which seems to work well on both the Nox and the MDT?   Im looking at availability to make my own phones or just adding the connector to a pair i already have.

Do you know if the production machine will give us an option to order the machine with either the 8" or 12.5"" coil?

Good news on the battery and location..... how many batteries and are you saying they may get near the 6 hour? 

Ive got my fingers crossed this isnt an issue unique to Fl.  With our low mineralization i was hoping to get a couple of inches over what Joe was getting in the Bay.   Has the small coil been tested enough to give us a SWAG on the depth loss in various modes?  This still could be a GOOD THING for small gold especially in the wet sand where it can be moved and pushed up.  Like Joe, id like to have had a 9 or 10" coil for a bit more coverage plus the ease of movement in the water..... i wouldnt have needed both coils at that point.  8" coils are great for working an area for smaller gold.....but as you said the tread off can be depth.

• Headphone connector --> same connector as coil connector but in plastic, will be located at the back of the enclosure in parallel with the coil connector
  • I would suppose there will be a choice between 8" and 12.5" but not sure, I am not in the decision circles
  • What I already know is that the 8" coil will be an option.
  • 4 x 18650 battery cells. Can not tell about autonomy at this point.
  • Like 4

If I remember correctly, wasn't part of the delay due to legal restraints concerning the 18650 battery cells? It just dawned on me that they could easily bypass any battery legality nonsense by simply not including them with the detector.

1 hour ago, Badger-NH said:

wasn't part of the delay due to legal restraints concerning the 18650 battery cells?

No, it is due to the Fisher custom battery shipped with the Ltd, which has no certifications for sales outside the U.S. You can buy 18650 batteries on Amazon all day long so that’s not an issue.

• Like 1

As crazy as it may sound...I can see someone putting the batteries in backwards...

I've had one customers remove the larger O-ring I used on the excalibur endcap I sold him..and swap it out with the smaller stock O-Ring...Then installed the endcap before his island vacation......😬 disaster.

10 hours ago, Willy said:
  • Headphone connector --> same connector as coil connector but in plastic, will be located at the back of the enclosure in parallel with the coil connector
  • I would suppose there will be a choice between 8" and 12.5" but not sure, I am not in the decision circles
  • What I already know is that the 8" coil will be an option.
  • 4 x 18650 battery cells. Can not tell about autonomy at this point.

Thanks Willy for sharing.

Souriau connector for the head phones?